WTT: Shires stuff for Rath stuff

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
bbocaner

WTT: Shires stuff for Rath stuff

Post by bbocaner » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:17 pm

It's funny, I used to dislike the way Rath trombones played, but my tastes are evolving and I want to make some changes in my stable.

Here's what I have available:

small bore:
S1YM8 bell section (area of patched lacquer approximately 2 inches square on both sides of bell flare where it was polished and relacquered after an incident with a mute)
gold brass small bore 1.5 tuning slide
T00LW slide mint w/ T0-1 leadpipe

extra: yellow brass standard tuning slide and counterweight
T0-2, T0-3 leadpipe (unused)

alto:
A7YLW tis bell with gold brass back bow
A85-95 tis slide with 85-2 leadpipe
85-1, 85-3 leadpipes (unused)

medium:
7GLW8 bell (some acid bleed on bell rim)
gooseneck section (lacquer has been patched)
yellow standard tuning slide with counterweight
T25NLW slide with MT2 leadpipe (slide has been relacquered by shires but shows a tiny bit of pitting on the grip area under the new lacquer)
M1 and M3 leadipes

large bore:
7YLWSP (special - it was explained to me that it's slightly lighter than standard LW bell) bell (some small scratches and a small dent on bell where slide tenon hit bell in bonna case (ugh))
trubore valve w/ shires rest bar
gold brass seamed tuning slide
TW47 slide with T2 sterling silver leadpipe (some very minor damage to knurling on leadpipe ring)

extra bells: 1YM (some small scratches and a small dent on bell), 2RVET7 (absolutely mint)
extra slides: TB47 with #2 leadpipe (some wear on grip area) (best slide action I ever played)
extra leadpipes: 1.5, 2.5, 3, 3N

bass:
BII7YM bell (a few tiny mute dings)
B62 slide (played TWICE since I got it from shires, unfortunately offgassing from the glue used in the marcus bonna case reacted with the lacquer and caused some small pink dots on the crook end of the slide. This looks like red-rot, but I've had a tech confirm it is only on the surface and a spot relacquering would make them go away
independent trubore valves w/ shires rest bar
gold brass "C" seamed tuning slide
B2 leadpipe

extra: yellow brass "B" standard tuning slide
B1, B1.5, and 3short leadpipes

What I want:

R10 w/ yellow bell, nickel slide, red tuning slide
R11Z with red brass bell, not sure about other options, no valve
R3 will consider any bells and slides
R9 with brushed nickel bell, bronze slide, dual independent hagmann
R4 parts: yellow bell, gooseneck, rotax valve, wide yellow slide, red bell, will consider others

Or components thereof, or similar components. I'd be open to hearing about any Rath Custom (not 00 series or JP-Rath) instruments or components you'd be willing to trade for any of the above instruments or parts. I can mix around the Shires parts, too, if that is more interesting to you.
Last edited by bbocaner on Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bbocaner

Re: WTT: Shires stuff for Rath stuff

Post by bbocaner » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:19 pm

Also willing to sell Shires instruments and parts outright to fund Rath purchases...
StevenHolloway

Post by StevenHolloway » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:20 pm

How much are you asking for the TB47?
bbocaner

Post by bbocaner » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:08 am

StevenHolloway wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:20 pm
How much are you asking for the TB47?
Hi Steven. $850 seems to be the going rate for used Shires slides in good shape, plus shipping. Thanks!
SpencerChapman

Post by SpencerChapman » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

How much are you asking for the large bore 7YLWSP bell or the 7GLW8 bell?
JaguarMike

Post by JaguarMike » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Are the independent trubore valves w/ shires rest bar still available?
Thanks, M<e
Amconk

Post by Amconk » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:20 am

What are you asking for the 2rvet7 bell? Don’t happen to have a shires straight neck pipe do you?
bbocaner

Post by bbocaner » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:33 am

JaguarMike wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:10 pm
Are the independent trubore valves w/ shires rest bar still available?
Thanks, M<e
Sorry, those are sold.
bbocaner

Post by bbocaner » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:34 am

Amconk wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:20 am
What are you asking for the 2rvet7 bell? Don’t happen to have a shires straight neck pipe do you?
I'd do $850 + shipping for the 2RVET7. It's in almost perfect condition but I've noticed a few tiny pin-size spots of tarnish, either the lacquer has failed or it had tiny holes in it. I'm being SUPER picky there, from 2 feet away it looks pristine.

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”