Charlie Small - Little Jazz Duets recording music

ttf_yeodoug

Post by ttf_yeodoug »

Hello all,

The recent passing of Charlie Small led me to dig out a Music Minus One LP I had that features Charlie playing duets by Norman Fransworth and William Minor. While the duets aren't the most interesting ever written, it's great to hear Charlie's playing of music for modestly accomplished players in a way that makes them come alive. He believes in what he's doing and he sounds terrific.

I have one problem, though: my play-along music book to this album has gone missing. I've got no idea where it went.

If anyone has a copy of this lying around and would be willing to part with it, please send me an email through the link here:

http://www.yeodoug.com/home/text/contact.html

I'd love to be able to sit down and play duets with Charlie.

Thanks so much,

-Douglas Yeo

ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

This in print album seems to be a reissue of the same pieces.  Could get a new copy of the playalong book this way.

https://halleonard.com/product/viewproduct.action?itemid=400077&seriesfeature=MMONE&subsiteid=1&&viewtype=default
ttf_yeodoug

Post by ttf_yeodoug »

Thanks very much; I didn't know the album was still in print. This is the way to go. Thanks.

-Douglas Yeo
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

You're welcome.  Your post intrigued me enough that I bought a copy too.
ttf_Scooter

Post by ttf_Scooter »

This is so cool!  I played these when I first started out I am guessing 1970. Great memories trying to get the record player working, run to my music stand and try to keep up! I always wondered if this was still out there, but could not remember the name.  I am buying a copy for old time sake! Thank you for this! Image
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Just received my copy of this MMO book.

It's called "Easy Jazz Duets."  Maybe "easy" refers to chord progressions.  I wouldn't call the duets real easy.  Certainly playable and very enjoyable though.
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Just received my copy of this MMO book.

It's called "Easy Jazz Duets."  Maybe "easy" refers to chord progressions.  I wouldn't call the duets real easy.  Certainly playable and very enjoyable though.

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”