New Forum Members!

ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi, this is going to sound ridiculous but does anyone know how I can create my own post? I cannot figure it out, but I figured out how to reply to this one.

Thanks!
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Don't worry about it, Logan! To add a post to a topic, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Reply" icon, bottom right. Alternatively, enter a reply in the "Quick reply" box below that and click "Post". To edit your post, or to quote someone else's, click the "Quote" or "Modify" icon at the top right of the post and click "Post" or "Save". To create a new topic, get onto the home page of the section in which you want to post, look to the right at the top and click the "New topic" icon. Easy. Image

Welcome to all you new members, and a special "Hello" to those from England! Image
ttf_Steven

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Steven »

To start a new topic, all you have to do is go to the appropriate forum, and click on "New Topic".
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I guess I missed this thread when I signed up, which was some time ago. But I have so few posts I probably still qualify as a noob.

I'm a retired Army euphoniumist/trombonist. Played far more euph than trombone, until after retirement when I learned that there isn't a great market out there for euph players. But I'm stubborn, so I played a lot of amateur euph stuff and absolutely became addicted to Brit-style brass bands. Played a lot of orchestras, wind ensembles, chamber ensembles.

About 4 years ago, in addition to my tenor, I bought a bass trombone and started playing in a local orchestra, counting rests. I loved it so much I bought a calculator.  Image

To complete my transition to the ultimate knuckle-dragger, I recently bought a tuba and founded a brass quintet. I'm playing far more tuba and bass trombone and a lot less euph now Image but I'm still having a good time.

My horns:
Sterling Virtuoso euphonium
Bach Strad 42OG, with a lightweight slide
Conn 62HI bass trombone
Mirafon 184 tuba in BBb

ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Very long overdue but here I go. My name is Landon Dale, I attend Forrest County Agricultural High School, where I lead a small low brass section (1 Tuba, 2 Trombones, 1 Bari Sax). I play on a during-strike 42BO with a variety of Schilke mouthpieces. I play lead trombone in the Jazz Band (A section of 1...no I'm not kidding). I am also a soloist in the Carey Institute of Fine Arts. I plan on a Dual Major in college in Computer Sciences and Music Education. If there is anything else you want to know, do not hesitate to ask!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello!

My name is Olof, I'm a 17 year old bass trombonist from Sweden who's been playing for almost eleven years. I started out on an alto trombone when I was seven years old, and then continued with the normal tenor trombone for another eight years. When I learnt that hitting to lower notes instead of the higher notes was alot more easy and sounded alot better, I immediately switched and begun playing bass trombone which indeed was a good choice, I couldn't be happier.

The music is my main hobby, I'm trying to play as much as possible during the week when I'm not busy with other stuff... there is usually time for about seven hours of practice per week, in big bands aswell as marching bands.

I'm currently in possetion of an old Holton TR-181, I'm borrowing it from HvMkY (Hemvärnets Musikkår Ystad which means The Swedish Home Guard Band of Ystad) which is in an horrible conditon. Not only is the slide "locked" all the way down to the third possition because of damages on the slide, but the finish is all messed up, there is some serious rusting on the lower part of the slide (I had it repaired, it used to allow air to espace through a rust hole) and it is incorrectly built, the valves require a hefty adjustment (about five centimeters!) when pressed to stay in tune... this is why I am on the look out for a better horn, perhaps, someday I will find it.

I will try my best to visit and post on the forums, you seem like a nice bunch of guys!

Jazz
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Welcome to Allen, Landon and Olof! Image

We look forward to your posts on the forum. Don't be shy!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello. : )

I go by Slidermanic here. I'm a freshman in High School, and I've been playing the trombone for about 5 years, so I'm a greenie. I'm in the Jazz band and Concert band there. I especially love Jazz band. I've found that I have a certain flair for jazz music.

Music is basically my extra-curricular. I try to get involved in as many bend-related activities as I can. : )
As for my trombone, I own a Super Olds. I don't know much about it.... but it's funny. I came across this site because of my trombone! I was trying to find a pic of my trombone on the web, and I clicked on an image of a trombone that looked exactly like mine. Once I clicked on it, I found the picture was actually part of a post here on The Trombone Forum, so naturally I had to join so I could talk about it.  Image

I'm looking forward to being part of this community!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello, I am Joseph and I am a freshman in high school. I am in the School Concert band and I play guitar in the Jazz Band. I have been playing trombone since the sixth grade and I hope to improve my skills and possibly go to college studying music. I am glad to be a part of this community. My trombones are a King 606 and a Blessing BTB-88.
ttf_sly fox

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_sly fox »

welcome and good luck.  have fun playing your guitar and trombone.  perhaps you might be able to switch off and play trombone in jazz from time to time.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hey, folks, the name is Vinnie.  I've been playing for 7 1/2 years, I'm currently a music ed major in Jacksonville, Fl., but plan to switch to Jazz Performance or something of the like after transferring to a larger university.  I'm playing Big Band and combo lit on a YSL-354 and symphonic and orchestra stuff on a 682B.  I have come to realize that if you want to know something, ask someone who has been doing it for longer than you have.  That's pretty much what I'm here to do.
ttf_sly fox

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_sly fox »

welcome

and believe you me, there are members of the forum that can learn from you too.  (me for one)
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi Everyone
   Just joined the forum but been playing quite a while. im late 40s... played in high school and college. Picked the horn back up a couple of years ago and started playing with a local big band. Now im in the DC area and really wanting to start doing small combo jazz work and just gigging some in general. Been playing a nice trigger yamaha large bore with the rose bell... 648R maybe??? Just got a Martin standard from 1941 off Ebay... been looking for info on this horn but been pretty unsuccessfull so far... Ill have it in a day or two so Ill see how it blows then.
   BTW, olds with the "tone ring" are pretty common... lots of them were made.... pretty decent horns actually... So thats about it! Anyone in the DC NOVA area, say hello! Looking for Real book jams and hopefully some gigs this year to suplement my regular chef job.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Introit

I'm Kim Smith, a.k.a. Kimster, 54, married, and I'm a Trombone-O-holic. Graduated with BA in Applied Music from S.U.N.Y. Fredonia, 1978 (studied with Micheal E. Powell, and Ron Baedke). I play in several community groups such as the Bastrop Community Orchestra - 23 members strong and doing Ravel's "Bolero"! - as well as playing in the St. Edward's University community orchestra for Vaughan-Williams' "Dona Nobis Pacem", and finally our Church brass group at First Baptist in Pflugerville, TX.

I own an older Conn 88H with a Griego 3M Deco mouthpiece, a Conn 44H (Vocabell) with a Jet Tone STD mouthpiece, a Maestro (Chinese) Bb/F/Gb/D Ind. Dbl. valve, silver-plated bass with a Griego 2 mouthpiece, and finally a Berkely Winds (Chinese) Eb Alto with a Conn 3 mouthpiece but considering switching to a Griego 11 Deco.

I'm a big fan of Griego mouthpieces because they help give focused partials and tend to "purer" in tone due to their high mass. For instance the 3M Deco has a rim diameter of that of a 3G BUT, let me finish, it has a MEDIUM cup depth that still keeps the high range and, in addition, a larger throat than a 5G. This corrected a pretty thin sounding mid range on my 88H and helped "fatten-out" my low range!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hey guys,

My name's Burke, and I'm in the Huntsville, Al area. I play a good ol 1960-somethin Conn 88h. My dad was in the million dollar band at alabama, and the 88h is what he played. I can read music fine, but my tone is just... hgbnevminjemivxjmrnfeefmwion... I kinda need some help on getting my tone to sound good. I'm gonna post a thread looking for some help. I'm 14, btw. 
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Welcome to Michael, Kim and Burke! Image

It's really excellent to see new member posts from three members who cover an age range of 14 - 54. Image

I look forward to reading posts from all of you. And don't forget - any time you don't have anything musical to say, the Practice Break is the place to be! Image
ttf_sly fox

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_sly fox »

Hi there folks:

here is a thread to check out and perhaps contribute to:

http://tromboneforum.org/index.php/topic,44914.0.html

and please do a search for "naming trombones", you might like that too.

welcome to the forums.
ttf_littlebuster29

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_littlebuster29 »

Hey guys, My name's David I'm 22 years old and I'm from Texas' pinky toe, Brownsville. I've been playing trombone since middle school (that puts me at bout 10 years) but I didn't really start taking it seriously till about 3 years ago. When I graduated from high school, I stopped playing, but after just one semester away from music, I realized how much I really loved playing trombone. I have now played in just about every ensemble available at the University of Texas at Brownsville. I'm not terribly good at trombone, but I'm quite flexible. I usually play on my Edwards with a Bach 4g or 2g mouthpiece, but I think I enjoy playing on the YBL-830 that I borrow from the school with a gold plated Bach 1g a lot more. As much as I love playing, I don't have a preferred style of music; I think that puts me in the category of "Jack of all trades, master of none".

I first stumbled upon this site in search for a valve trombone for my new musical endeavors and everyone here seemed to be very knowledgeable, so I figured this would be a great place to learn about anything trombone related. I hope to become an active member and contribute as much as I can, although it may not be much.
ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Welcome, David!  I did my graduate work up the road a ways at SFA back in the 70's.  I understand the "jack of all trades" routine all too well.  I tend to be all over the place with "doubles" (even triples, quadruples, and more).  Hope you enjoy the Forum and share your experiences and insights as well as profit from those you find here.
ttf_myclam

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_myclam »

Hello Forum!

My name is Mike. I started playing trombone in 1979 (5th grade) and continued through college, where I got a Bachelors in Music Business from DePauw University. Since then, I have primarily been a percussionist and vocalist, playing in a few bands here in Portland, OR. I started playing the trombone again 3 years ago, and have started getting serious again in the last few weeks. I have my first trombone "gig" in 18 years on March 13, 2010.

Looking forward to getting to know folks and rekindling my passion for this twisted hunk of metal.

Mike Lambe

ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Not twisted, Mike! It's sensuously curved.... Image

Welcome to the forum - we look forward to hearing from you.

ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Quote from: myclam on Feb 27, 2010, 02:03PMHello Forum!

My name is Mike. I started playing trombone in 1979 (5th grade) and continued through college, where I got a Bachelors in Music Business from DePauw University. Since then, I have primarily been a percussionist and vocalist, playing in a few bands here in Portland, OR. I started playing the trombone again 3 years ago, and have started getting serious again in the last few weeks. I have my first trombone "gig" in 18 years on March 13, 2010.

Looking forward to getting to know folks and rekindling my passion for this twisted hunk of metal.

Mike Lambe

Welcome to the Forum, Mike, from the other end of the state!  Great to have you here.  And if you're ever going to travel down the coast, let us know and maybe we can have lunch.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hey everyone!

As my username suggests, my name is Lyz. I'm 14 years old and I live in Rotherham in Yorkshire in the UK. I'm about as much of a newbie as you can get - I literally picked up a trombone for the first time five days ago! Despite this, I've adored the instrument since I was tall enough to put a Glenn Miller record on my Grandad's vinyl machine - I'm so glad I finally got the opportunity to learn it!

My school has equipped me with a Besson BE1030 - although this could change as I might be given a different trombone on Wednesday. Due to the dire shortage of trombone mouthpieces at my school, I am currently using one from a euphonium - which I dislike, as I feel like a bit of a prat when trombonists ask me which mouthpiece I use and I have to explain! XD

My real ambition with the trombone is to eventually play in a swing orchestra or a big band... that is the genre of music I've loved ever since I first heard 'In The Mood', 'One O'Clock Jump' and 'Fly Me To The Moon'. I can't think of anything I want to do more!

I know I'm only just beginning - but I'm already getting really addicted to this wonderful instrument and I'm sure you guys will be a lot of help to me while I'm learning!

Lyz Brown
ttf_sly fox

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_sly fox »

welcome to the forum.  you will find that you will have alot of company on your side of the pond.  Check out RedHotMama for one.

http://tromboneforum.org/index.php?action=profile;u=399
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hi, Lyz! Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

My name is Shiloh and I am new to the forum. I am 27 and live in NW florida. I havent played the Trombone since my senior year  in 2001. I own a Conn 88H-NT, I began playing my 6th grade year and played all the way up till I was in a serious car accident in Sept of 2001, i ended up having 2 reconstructive surgeries on my upper lip soo I can no longer play. But I have kept my horn in excellent shape and thinking about selling it, but have no Idea of the value. I know that the NT model was rare, being the bell is nickel. If anyone can help me out I would be greatly appreciative.
ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Quote from: Fireshadow on Mar 02, 2010, 09:47PMMy name is Shiloh and I am new to the forum. I am 27 and live in NW florida. I havent played the Trombone since my senior year  in 2001. I own a Conn 88H-NT, I began playing my 6th grade year and played all the way up till I was in a serious car accident in Sept of 2001, i ended up having 2 reconstructive surgeries on my upper lip soo I can no longer play. But I have kept my horn in excellent shape and thinking about selling it, but have no Idea of the value. I know that the NT model was rare, being the bell is nickel. If anyone can help me out I would be greatly appreciative.

Welcome, Shiloh.  What a bummer!!!  However, even though you may not be able to play trombone any more, there are other things to keep you musically active: recorder, guitar, percussion, singing, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who can give you professional opinions on your instrument.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi folks,

I'm Darryl from Australia, I guess I should get the bad stuff out of the way.

I don't play Trombone.

I infact play Trumpet and Euphonium and have been doing so for the last 24 years.

Now onto the reason i'm here!  I recently obtained a Besson Trombone (came here to find out more info about it, that's another thread though) and will most likely use it to learn how to play it.
ttf_sly fox

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_sly fox »

well, better late than ever.  good luck on learning how to play.  don't know where you are at "downunder" but we have a few members in Austrailia and one or more in NZ as well.

ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi all, after surfing on this forum for hours, I guess I'm ready to do my first official post!

My name is Maxime, I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and I am primarily french speaking.  I am 36 and started playing at 13, so that's a few years under my belt, but many more to look forward to! 

My main trombone accomplishment was working with the Canadian Navale Reserve Band with which I played for 12 years, long enough to pay for my flying lessons (I work in the aviation industry now).  I will listen to all kind of music, as long as there is a trombone playing  Image

I own a 1959 Besson 10-10 with which I played full time for only 2 years (20 years ago) and have been playing a Yamaha 648R ever since.  I typically play with a 2G mouthpiece whenever I dont have to play higher than counter Bb  Image Image, so I guess I am gifted considering that I play only once a week with a jazz band (as bass trombone with my 648R...).  When I play high stuff, I use a 5G, but my sound suffer so much that I try avoiding it at all other cost!

When I picked up my trombone last September, It had been 5 years since I had played with a band last, but the fever has got me again!  Now, I am looking to buy a brand new trombone (now that I dont play for a living anymore I can afford to buy a new trombone...)  So far, I am clueless as to what I will buy, so its an exiting time for me!  I dont even know if I will buy an Tenor trombone with an F-attachment or a second-hand bass trombone Image

I have been reading quite a few threads, and the amount of experience and knowledge here is flabbergasting!  Exactly the kind of thing that keep people looking for more.  Keep up the good work!

P.S.  Anybody out there owns a Yamaha Xeno Alain Trudel edition?  I am looking for impressions.

ttf_sly fox

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_sly fox »

welcome and enjoy the forums
ttf_Baron von Bone

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Baron von Bone »

Quote from: Xenethon on Mar 11, 2010, 08:29PMHi all, after surfing on this forum for hours, I guess I'm ready to do my first official post!
Welcome aboard dude! and welcome back to the deranged world of the sliphorn. A lot of us took years off as well (decades for many of us), so we can certainly identify with you there. Feels good ... eh?

Please feel free to liberally teach us French words (I mean liberal as in frequently ... or amply ... don't wanna upset anyone).

Enjoy!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Im 13 and i dont really ahve my own trombone but i have 2 triggered trombones at my middle school and im 1st chair in concert band and 2nd chair in jazz band, and the 2nd or 3rd best trombone player on campus. But i feel as if im not good enough even though im better than the others, i see on youtube many trombone players who have a nice brass-like sound and tongue really fast and hit every note high and low easily. my problem with the trombone might be tongueing, high notes and playing legato..
 im planning on getting my own Silver trombones that have a trigger. Any one have any tips for me?

ttf_sly fox

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_sly fox »

have confidence in your abilities and practice, practice, practice.  you have found a great resource here at the forums to help you out.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

um, I'm Anthony, 17. Play a Bach Strad from some time in the 70s. It might not look nice, but it has personality. I've looked around here for awhile and posted a bit, but feel the need to formally introduce myself! I play in my highschool band and all the options it has to offer. I audition for everything that comes my way. My dream is to play in the Boston Pops. However, that's unlikely scenario so I'll just pursue the mundane career in music Image

I can be an awkward kid at times; isn't every trombone player though? Image I live in a tiny town called the middle of nowhere but I love it. You're tired of hearing about me though! Bye!
ttf_ParLawGod

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_ParLawGod »

Welcome!!!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello, I'm a structural engineer from Switzerland.
I've been playing brass instruments for nearly 20 years, starting with trumpet as a child, going on as I grew up to euphonium and finally switched to tuba.
To broaden my horizon I recently started doubling on bass trombone. I'm dreaming of sitting in the trombone section of a big band playing all that cool swing stuff from the forties. That of course requires some more practise. In the meantime I'm just having lots of fun.
So long...
Roman
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hi there, Roman.

Welcome to the forum!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi, I'm Mark. I've played Trombone for 9 years now. I strive to sound more mellow than French Hornists and play higher than Trumpeters. You know the "stupid" Trombonist (if there is such a thing) who joins the cocky trumpeters in "who can play the highest" before rehearsal starts? Thats me... I've joined this website to learn from the experience from this community.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Image Hi yall! I'm cheesemonkey, or chris, or whatever you'd like to call me! I'm actually a more of a tubiste than anything else but I'm learnin trombone. First chair at my highschool (though that isn't saying much being a total of 4 tubas.) I also play just about every other band instrument except french horn and trumpet and also play upright bass and piano. Outside of music I'm mainly a movie lover and food lover (as long as its vegitarian friendly.) I look forward to bein here on the board!
ttf_Steven

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Steven »

No worries!  Sometimes tuba is cooler than trombone.  I love the heavy metal.  In orchestra we tend to coexist as one happy section.  I would love to have a tuba to use in my band sometimes.  Unfortunately tubas are too expensive to get one as a toy I may or may not use.

My daughter is complaining about one of her section mates switching to tuba, but it seems like a good move to me. 
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Why hello there  Image

The name's Matt Bragstad.  I play an Edwards T396-A (aka the Alessi model).  I absolutely love Edwards instruments, and I hope to get enough cash this year to buy a jazz horn and eventually an alto horn from them as well. 

I actually began music in the 4th grade (on Baritone horn, then a Euphonium my freshman year of high school).  In my sophomore year of high school, I wanted to join the jazz band, so my best friend taught me a concert Bb scale on the bone.  I was pretty much self taught from there until my junior year, when I started private lessons.

Now I am currently a freshman Music Education and Trombone Performance Major at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. I am principal trombonist of the Wind Ensemble, the Symphony Orchestra, and Co-First trombone in the top Jazz Ensemble.
ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Quote from: cheesemonkey on Mar 21, 2010, 06:34PM Image Hi yall! I'm cheesemonkey, or chris, or whatever you'd like to call me! I'm actually a more of a tubiste than anything else but I'm learnin trombone. First chair at my highschool (though that isn't saying much being a total of 4 tubas.) I also play just about every other band instrument except french horn and trumpet and also play upright bass and piano. Outside of music I'm mainly a movie lover and food lover (as long as its vegitarian friendly.) I look forward to bein here on the board!

Welcome, cheesemonkey or chris!  I started on tuba too, even made first chair All-State, got full rides at the Music Academy of the West, and, while being the tubist with the Santa Barbara Symphony, took lessons from Roger Bobo.  While in college (and while studying with Bobo, who agreed that I was probably making the right decision), I switched over to bass trombone as my primary instrument.  I play other instruments as well and it's a blast!  You have company here.  Feel right at home.
ttf_normrowe

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_normrowe »

Quote from: Bragsm71 on Apr 20, 2010, 07:40PMWhy hello there  Image

The name's Matt Bragstad.  I play an Edwards T396-A (aka the Alessi model).  I absolutely love Edwards instruments, and I hope to get enough cash this year to buy a jazz horn and eventually an alto horn from them as well. 

I actually began music in the 4th grade (on Baritone horn, then a Euphonium my freshman year of high school).  In my sophomore year of high school, I wanted to join the jazz band, so my best friend taught me a concert Bb scale on the bone.  I was pretty much self taught from there until my junior year, when I started private lessons.

Now I am currently a freshman Music Education and Trombone Performance Major at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. I am principal trombonist of the Wind Ensemble, the Symphony Orchestra, and Co-First trombone in the top Jazz Ensemble.

Welcome to the forum, Matt.  I started as a tuba player and, like you, took up trombone my sophomore year of high school.  Looks like you really took off with it - much sooner than I did - and are doing well.  Great to have you here!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

guess it's my time to post here

Well i'm kind of an anomaly of a player at my own school.  last year i kinda sucked but i worked hard over the summer -- i learned slurring and i multiplied the quality of my tone a thousandfold by the start of my senior year...  yet i was still unable to get into our school's wind ensemble as a trombone.  so I was stuck in their symphonic winds as a Euphonium player like i was the entire time I had been at the school.

One time during mock all-state auditions (I live in Maryland), i impressed my teacher and he decided to put me as ringer.  Albeit for one song; Reed's Russian Christmas Music.  I'm also third trombone in our primary jazz band...  but now he's putting me in wind ensemble for all of our music and symphonic winds for all music.  Which makes me happy.

I had also participated in playing Handel's Messiah with the choir and orchestra at my school, and Pit Band for West Side Story.  We did the broadway score, too, not that watered down high school crap.  Our head trombonist even began to admit recently that I'm getting better than her, but I still have a very very long way to go especially hearing myself play lately.  but i plan to practice a bunch more to get ready for college wind ensemble life so you need not worry about that or tell me to practice.

Regardless, I've been playing Trombone 7 years and Euphonium about four, and i plan to continue Trombone through college.  I'm doubling in music performance (ideally) and math (i got into UMBC's meyerhoff program!).  short history of the past year in my life with music

so hi
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello Trombone Forums!

I'm what you could call an instrument enthusiast, I've always wanted to make a living just messing around with horns all day and I almost was resigned to going to a 4 year school for a business degree BUT then I met a Band Instrument Repair Tech who showed me the light. You can fix instruments

After doing a little research and talking to some local techs I find myself shipping of to the northern corner of Iowa to get 2 years of training  Image I'm currently finishing my 2nd semester.

I play tenor and bass bone and all other brass instruments to some extent, but playing bass trombone gives me the more enjoyable experience.
ttf_BoneZone

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_BoneZone »

Quote from: RedHotMama on Apr 02, 2004, 10:32AMIf you are new to the The Trombone Forum, welcome! Image

This topic is for new members to introduce themselves. Please tell us about yourself, your instrument and your musical interests. And anything else! Image

Heya! I'm Amelia Z. aka BoneZone (teehee) I'm just tickled that there's a TROMBONE FORUM! I am SO happy!!

So, here's me: I'm like the only female in my school who can play the bone. When I tell people in honor bands about how rare bones are at home, they are sooo shocked! I've recently realized that I'm addicted to playing and I need assistance on getting where I wanna be  Image other than that, i like drawing, writing, and eating pie.

C ya later! have a good day, too Image

ttf_sly fox

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_sly fox »

welcome to the forums.  you might want to search out baritrom who is a cartoonist as well as a trombonist, she is in the lat Year of High scHool  iy soUnds like You may Have a lot in common.
ttf_BoneZone

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_BoneZone »

Quote from: sly fox on May 02, 2010, 12:09PMwelcome to the forums.  you might want to search out baritrom who is a cartoonist as well as a trombonist, she is in the lat Year of High scHool  iy soUnds like You may Have a lot in common.

:bassclef:Oh cool xD Yeah, it's a major hobby of mine, drawing. I'll look her up. Thanks  Image
ttf_Matt K

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Hello trombone world!

I'm majoring in music education at WVU, and am looking forward to talking trombone in the forums!

Return to “Chit-Chat”