New Forum Members!

ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi there everybody!

My name is Nick, and I am a bass trombone student at the Birmingham Conservatoire in the UK.

I have played trombone since I was 11 (nearly 11 years now!) and in that time I have played with Leicestershire county wind bands and orchestras, been a National Youth Brass Band Entertainment Champion with Youth Brass 2000, won Rutland Young Musician of the Year in 2000 and performed the last concert with the Midland Youth Orchestra and the first with the CBSO Youth Orchestra!

I am currently taught by CBSO bass trombonist Alwyn Green and freelance euphonium/bass 'bone player Andy Fawbert. From September I will be learning euph with the CBSO's 2nd trombonist Tony Howe after having Dave Childs this year.

I enjoy just about all sports (I am a Leicester City supporter!) and I am a big fan of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

Well that's a little bit about me, hope to talk to you all soon!

Nick
ttf_gpkimzey

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_gpkimzey »

Welcome aboard.  I can tell by your screen name that your playing style is very timid and very unlikely to ever be too loud. . . . Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi there

I go by the name of centralcoastbone, or Ben for short.

I'm somewhere in the middle of a music major in trombone/ I also do a major in communications.
I started as a child on violin for at least six years before my music teacher persuaded me to learn trombone. I've played in all ranges of music, jazz bands, big bands, concert bands, brass bands, orchestras....
I play Euphonium in the local brass band(help out the mainly grey haired members)
I also play electric and double bass. I've started playing the double bass in the string orchestra, so it has a whole lot of new challenges. I also try to keep my violin chops going.

I've been playing bone now for 10 years, minus 18 month break (what was I thinking!)

I've had my Conn 88H (Artist Symphony) for a while now. If I had the money I would have many more horns, but this one has served me well. Now I use a 5G mpc.

Anyway, glad to be a part of the Online Trombone Journal.

By the way, the central coast is the east coast of australia, bout an hour north of sydney
ttf_LoudBassBoneBloke

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_LoudBassBoneBloke »

Quote from: "gpkimzey"Welcome aboard.  I can tell by your screen name that your playing style is very timid and very unlikely to ever be too loud. . . . Image

How did you guess that, lol!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Well, my username is ZBone (Some call me Ziggy, whichever you prefer).  I am 18 and have been playing trombone for about 9 years now.  In the fall, I'm headed off to Youngstown State University in eastern Ohio to major in Music Education.  In my spare time, I also play guitar, piano, euph., etc.  Just wanted to say hi to everybody and tell everyone how great I think this forum is.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi there,
I´m new here, too. So I´ll try (with my bad english) to introduce myself.  
My name is Jurgen,I´m a high school student, in my sparetime I play bass trombone, I´m 22 years old and live ner Cologne, Germany.
Most music I play and listen to is Jazz and big band stuff. But I also play bass trombone in a  symphonic wind orchestra.
My main horn is an Edwards b-454G bass bone, but I really love vintage trombones especially old Kings and Conns. Btw, if anyone has a Conn 48H Connstellation which you would like to sell (for a reasonable price  Image  ),please contact me:-).

Hope, you know me all now;-) I´ll try to ad some pictures in my profile later.

So long, Jurgen
 [/quote]
ttf_JazzBoneDad

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_JazzBoneDad »

Latest new-guy here.

I'm afraid I haven't touched by bone in years (Let's keep it family people). Image

I was fortunate enough to get to know Tom Brantley, Billy Bargetzi, Mike Browning and so many others while at Southern Miss.  So, although I'm not in the "business" I do still like to keep up the goings-on.

Working as the Office Manager of a nursing home 11+ years.

I thought this forum might afford me the opportunity to catch up a little.

And Billy-High-Note, how goes it?  Haven't heard from you or Squid lately, hear from Tom occasionally.
ttf_ParLawGod

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_ParLawGod »

Welcome to the forum everybody!!!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi. I'm a new forum member, and i want to make a new start.
Any sensible things ive done recently have just got closed down because people dislike my playing style.
I admit i was too arrogant at the start, but even after i changed, people continued to put me down.
im going to make one last attempt to haev people accept me, so im going to start again here, and hope that people can forget all the bad things, so we can all just get along.
if it doesnt work this time well i dont know what to do?

i hope we can get along.
a little about me: im a 34yr old trombonist. i dont like to give away too much personal stuff, but im european. I play on a stagg 77, with schilke 40 mouthpieces.
i sometimes play in a jazz band, and in orchestral ensembles, and i do home recordings also.
i like play at the extreme ranges of the trombone - the low and high ends, and i like to play in a contemporary style sometimes.
im at present working to improve my tone, and  maybe some suggestions from this forum will help. i hope so - i hope we can all help each other to learn.
thx - conical  Image  Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hey Conical try this Forum too.

http://forum.samburtis.com/index.php?sid=bbd08479edbb999ae142c3b56190a612

Have fun,
Bean......... Image
ttf_ParLawGod

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_ParLawGod »

QuoteHey Conical try this Forum too.

http://forum.samburtis.com/index.php?sid=bbd08479edbb999ae142c3b56190a612

Have fun,
Bean.........
Good forum, another is located at http://www.brass-forum.co.uk (although I still like the OTJF the best).

Again, welcome to the forum!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello all came to this site a long time ago and forgot all about it. so i can back and signed up.i love all the trombone players no matter what stage of playing thare at can come and talk and help well thats my bit  Image
ttf_ebrenner

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_ebrenner »

Hey everybody, I just found this thread so I thought I'd introduce myself..

My name is Bruce and I'm finishing up my bachelors degree in Texas.   I have taught privately east of Dallas, and I've gotten to play with several groups off campus, including the Mesquite Symphony and the Dallas Wind Symphony.

I have several axes, but my main horn is an Edwards, with a Griego 4.5 Deco.  I also play an old King 3B for jazz, and I'm kind of undecided on what mouthpiece I'm gonna stick with.  

I've been in and out of school twice, once because of a horrible auto accident and second, to help my father recover from cancer...but I'm on my last 9 or so hours, and I can't wait to be done!

Anyways, I'm really diggin' it here!
ttf_Sinfonia98

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Sinfonia98 »

welcome to all the new members!!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I'm not exactly new here... I've posted on and off over the last 3 or 4 years but apparently forgot my username  Image

I'm Laura.  I started trombone 25 years ago, majored in music, and played semi-professionally for awhile, including 3 years with a big band and lots of orchestral, ballet, and theater work.  I have also played harp, piano, and flute semi-professionally (art gallery openings, banquets, weddings, that kind of thing.)  "Embouchure dystonia" has unfortunately taken most of my ability to play trombone and flute, so I now do mostly harp, but still think of myself as a trombonist, as it is my first love.

I was playing an Edwards and loved it!

Along the line, I also play/ played bassoon (2 years in the lower level band in high school), clarinet,  saxophone, trumpet, and a little bit of cello and violin (although I've forgotten it all).  

I teach private music lessons on most of the above instruments.  In addition to about 30 instruments in the house, I have 9 children... and no that's not a typo!  Image   7 boys and 2 girls.  My oldest son plays piano and cello.  My oldest daughter plays piano, cello, trombone, and a little violin.  My second son plays piano and trombone.  My second daughter does a little flute, piano, and harp.  My third son would like to play cello, flute, and trumpet, but from him on down I haven't helped them much.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hey all, my name's Matt Hoormann.  I'm not really "new", but I've been an infrequent poster under "Darth Brass" for a good while.  I wanted to switch to my real name...well....just 'cause.

I'm 25, married, and a second-year DMA student at UCLA.  I'm originally from St. Louis and my undergrad and Master's are from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.  My hobbies are composing, acting, painting/drawing, graphic art, and soccer.

I guess that's about it.  You can check out my website at http://www.matthoormann.com

Nice to meet you all!
ttf_zellerbrook

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_zellerbrook »

Welcome "back" to the Forum, Matt!  Haven't seen you since your first couple years in college.  Good to see you're doing well.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I`m not really new I guess, but I haven`t introduced myself and I fell like I am new.  Anyway I was born, Naw I won`t go that far back Image My musical background began with the first band my small high school had on a old school E flat alto horn.  My dad wouldn`t buy me a trombone.  I was in about the 7th or 8th grade (not sure which).  The 1st director got in trouble with the bass drummer, he didn`t last long.  The next one didn`t do much, and he didn`t last long.  The next one was a good director.   The school replaced the alto horns with french horns and I made 1st chair.   I kept begging this director to let me switch to trombone, but kept saying he need me on the horn, much to my parents approval.  One day he decided to move for an apt. to a house and I was the first to volunteer to help.   I bugged him to death about switching and finallay he said ok.  I sold one of my cows and my director brought me an Olds Ambassador from the music store.    By this time I only had 2 years left in high school, but I made it up to 2nd chair 1st. and some times 1st chair (battle between friends).  
I entered college to major in music.  I got a full scolarship even though I really didn`t deserve it.  After one year I worked during the summer, played in the compay band briefly until the draft caught up with me. I quickly joined the AF.  I tried to audition for tha AF band, but  It was in January  They put me in an unheated room, gave me the music to sight read, a trombone with a stuck slide and 5 min.  Well being in basic training, I was too intimidated to complain or ask if I could do it later with my own horn, so I didn`t make it.  I was a jet engine technician in the AF, but picked up photography and had part time businesses in down town areas wherever I was stationed.  I stayed in the photography after I was discharged for about 25 more years.  During that time I breifly played with the Texas Eastman Band, moved here and played breifly with The Texarkana Comunity Band, compose mostly of several Arkansas band directors.  I was silent after that  for about 30 years.  My wife and I went to a concert and a long time friend trumpet player was the director.  He and I were freshmen together in college.  He ask me to join the band.  I said are you sure?  I haven`t touched my horn for 30 years.  He just said work on my lip and come on.  I did and have been playing in the "Second Time Around Band" now for almost 2 years and loving every min.   Doing what I have always enjoyed doing most.  I have handicaps, being a 73 year old man, but I`m not the oldest who is a 74 year old one eyed trumpet player who is a great trumpet.   We have about 60 members of which about 8 are trombo[nes  including 2 base trombones.  We are made up of Drs., Lawyers, Dentists, Nurses, retirees, etc.  FUN FUN
Oh yeah,  I have upgraded the Ambasador to an Olds Super, w/Denis Wick 6/BS, but still have the Ambassador.
I didn`t plan for this to be so long  SORRY! Image    Bill
ttf_Bill Stone (phantomish)

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Bill Stone (phantomish) »

Hey! I just read my post, own post and thought I must apoligize for all the gramatical errors and misspelling.  Hope you guys will look over it.
Can we get a spell checker here?  Thanks
Bill
ttf_FreddyB

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_FreddyB »

Quote from: "Bill Stone (phantomish)"Hey! I just read my post, own post and thought I must apoligize for all the gramatical errors and misspelling.  Hope you guys will look over it.
Can we get a spell checker here?  Thanks
Bill

This is the TROMBONE forum. Not the "SPALLING IS GRATE" forum Image  Some of us are just here for the fun and to hopefully learn a thing or two and occasionally have a little input. Not necessarily to be PEDANTIC Image  he he!

I think it is great you have returned to playing. I know a guy who was playing trom until he was 88!! Image  Played in a local band called the "Huffers and Puffers" here in Melbourne. Unfortunately he passed away a couple of weeks ago. Made it to the ripe old age of 90!! Champion bloke.

Keep up the good work Image

Neil
ttf_livecat

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_livecat »

I was just scoping the new members when I realized my post was among the lost (I had a look at all my posts to be sure).

So,  if you're interested... I've played trombone since 1973,  couldn't imagine not playing.  Over the years I've played in lots of groups,  2nd armored division band 1978-81, Central Texas Symphony (1980-81, principal), a little freelancing in NYC in the mid 80's,  Univ of Nebraska Jazz ensb (lead) and orchestra (principal) in the early 90's , and lots of other groups.  Lately, for the last 9 years,  I've done the bandleader thing with a classic rock horn band here in Lincoln, Nebraska called Nine Live Cats.

Married with two beautiful kids.  

I learn new stuff about playing every day.  Mostly by adding new minor revelations to previous minor revelations to beget larger concepts.  I wish I could put in 4 or 5 hours every day.

I love the forum.  I learn something every time a log in.

Pat
ttf_Bill Stone (phantomish)

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Bill Stone (phantomish) »

Hey Pat what town in central Texas?  Just wandering, since I`ve been in alot of areas In Texas.
Bill
ttf_dj kennedy

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_dj kennedy »

hey  i  recruited    a couple  of  guys
joe  jackson ///greg waits  
the guy  w  milt bernhart  stories
and prolly  15  more
 latest recruit ---jazzbone9   --isrea  butler
john marcellus's  grad assistant
 selling his edwards sym ten   on products thread
he  is kinda  shy   ///so  welcome  him
 at  the  products   thread    ok
   thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ps  ask  him  for  eastman news  flashes
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hey Everyone,

I'm not exactly new, I just don't really post much on here, but I starting to get on it.  Anyway, I'm Chris Hernacki.  I'm a tenor trombone, bass trombone, euphonium, and tuba player.  I have an alto trombone, but I'm not going to dignify myself in saying that I "play" alto trombone.  I am a junior at Valencia High School in Valencia, CA (I'm 16 years old).  I've been principal euphonium in the CBDA All-state Honor Band for the past 3 years (2 in the high school band and 1 in the junior high band).  I also made the SCSBOA Jazz All-stars on bass trombone.  I play in as many upper level groups that I can get to within reason (distance-wise).  I play in jazz bands, symphonic bands, jazz combos, symphony orchestras, and just about anything else.  The pic of me is a pic from a group I play in called JazzAmerica that meets during the summer.  Anyway, I think this all describes me pretty well.  I love talking with new people so say hi sometime.

Chris Hernacki
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I'm glad I "renewed" my membership.  This is quite an active and interesting group and not too shy I noticed.  I played trombone from the age of 13 to 18 - when just before I was supposed to audtion in San Antonio I had a terrible accident which ended my playing days.  Went into Information Systems.  Now retired I am writing light classical music for all kinds of instruments and ensembles.  Most of my success (performances, etc.) has been in Europe especially in the UK.  Can't seem to drum up a lot of interest on this side of the pond.  But I'm having fun and enjoy visiting with you guys often.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hey.  I'm still kinda new here so let me tell you a little about myself.  I'm possibly the only smart redneck musician who is an athelete and a National Championaship fisherman.  Let me see.. yep, that about covers it.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi everyone, I'm new but not. I posted for a while about 2 years back but never said too much of anything. In that time I quit high school band after having issues with leadership and band directors who turned me off to playing music. Having always been a ska lover I jumped at the chance a couple months ago to start playing with a band.
I have been practicing more than I ever used to when I had real musical commitments. I think I am still super rusty even after 4 months and after a recent switch from bass to tenor I got thrown off even more.I just started taking private lessons again, which have been a total blast and find myself not dreading going to them like I used to.
My band(link in my profile) recorded a demo over the summer and played a few shows. Nothing is too complex or difficult, and it's not exactly what I want. I would prefer to be playing in a more traditiona soundingl band instead of one of the countless, repetitve punk-ska bands that are out there but it's still lots of fun. In the recordings I played my Yamaha bass trombone, but am currently playing my dad's old besson 2-20 with a 6 1/2 al.
I'm a senior in high school and that's about it.
That came out a bit longer than expected...sorry haha.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

hey man...
lets me intro myself....
im from malaysia...
maybe thah u all hear don't even hear this
country before....and i just a normally school
band memberz....i was accidenttly found this forum...
when i see this....wow....many register member...many post hear....
i din't even c a forum that same as this forum...many many topic n
post hear....hope i can join with u all hear....and i was a trombonist~~
diz year only 14 years old~~sommore??hmm...im a girl....i love music...
i love band...reallt hope that i can join with u all hear.... Image  Image
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hello Shan, and hello to all you other new members! Image

I'm sorry I haven't said hello to each of you, but I think you would very soon get tired of my messages if I did.

Welcome, all of you!

I hope to see you posting all over the forum. Image

And thank you, DJ, for recruiting all those new members. Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

well, considering i've been here for half a year now, i cant really be considered 'new.' in fact, i havn't been a 'new member' for a while either.

Anyway, i've never really introduced myself.

For those of you who dont know me..

I'm Jim, i live in western PA, near New Castle, for those of you in western PA. i'm currently 15, sit on my computer the remainder of the time i'm not playing soccer, at school, or practicing.

I play tenor tbone, prefer small bores, I personally own a King 3b/F, a Conn 77h, a 64h, and a Conn Director to abuse for marching band.
just bought a 4h on ebay too.  Image

and in case you're wondering about the name, its my initials with an 's' at the end. with some numbers.

jaws
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Yo!
I'm a 12 year old bonist, been playin for 2 years and I'm in the 3rd year band ( Image ) and I have my grand dad's 44H conn. I'm in love with it.

I wanted to play the sousaphone, but I'm a 4 foot 8 tiny little gal... and I can't
even reach the B on 7th position....  Image  Image

gtg, I'll continue later!
-ms. bowlofchilli
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hey -

I'm Brian and I am an Elementary School Instrumental Music Teacher.  I'm a trumpet player by trade and I'm here to pick all your brains about the ins and outs of playing the trombone so I can help my students better.  

Later...
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi.  I'm Craig Mulcahy.  New to the forum.  Like what I see so far.  Anyway, briefly about me:
I live in the DC area.  I am currently the Principal Trombone in the Kennedy Center Opera House Orchestra.  This is my seventh and last year with the orchestra as I have recently accepted the position of Second Trombone in the National Symphony Orchestra.
Prior to living in DC I played a year as 2nd bone in the Buffalo Philharmonic, completed an Advanced Certificate at Juilliard, played a year as Principal bone in the Tulsa Philharmonic, and received a Bachelor's Degree in Performance from the Univ. of N. Colorado.  
Free time activities include wasting time playing video games, kayaking, hiking, reading, practicing, home improvement, and spending time with my wife, Kathy.  
Turn ons include...oh wait, wrong forum....anyway, I'm looking forward to lurking around and learning as this forum seems to be a great place for both.  I've already logged quite a bit of time just getting lost in several discussions.  

Thanks to the admins for hosting such a useful site!
ttf_BFW

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_BFW »

Welcome to the forum, everybody!  Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello everyone.
I'm a Freshman in High School and I have already made 1st chair in the marching band.  Its awesome!   Image  This year I'm going on the international Tour with Blue Lakes and I can't wait.  So far I like this forum alot and it has helped me with alot of things.  Talk to you later everyone.
ttf_BorderBone

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_BorderBone »

Hello Everyone!  My name is Jeff.  I am a band director, trombonist - Tenor and Bass and a brass specialist.  I have been playing for 20 Years, Private Teaching for 12 and School Teaching for 4 years.  Been a fan of this site for I while.  I hope my information will help those who did it.  Thanks

Go Astros!
ttf_Cul

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Cul »

Hey Everyone - I'm Chris.
I'm a Bass Trombonist from Bundaberg Queensland Australia. I have been playing trom since starting in the primary school education system in 1991. I have been a member of various brass bands, orchestras, stage bands, and ensembles since the beginning.
I'll be 25 years old in late November this year.

I joined the Bundaberg Municipal Brass Band in 1995, and have been their resident Bass Trombonist since 1996.
I have an old Bach 50B30 (traditional rotor open wrap), a Conn 88H, and a Yamaha Small bore (my desktop paper weight).

I'm currently a security officer that works in the cash in transit industry, in which we cart all the money between the banks in armoured trucks. I'm currently studying to hopefully join the Queensland Police Service.

Any questions? I have no hesitance in answering them.
Looking forward to chatting to you soon.

Cul
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Here's a little about me...

I've been playing tenor trombone for over 25 years.  Over the years I've pretty much played it all, from orchestra to jazz, big band to rock and ska.

My horns aren't the best, but they work -  A Blessing B88 that I've had since college - my step up from my other horn, which is still my jazz horn, which is an Olds & Son from way back when.  

Rather than throw around names of famous people that I've played with or listing all the lead positions I've had, I'd rather just say that I've played in venues from tiny to filled auditoriums to a packed Soldier Field in Chicago with a mic two inches from the bell.  With the exception of mariachi, banda, etc., I can pretty much say, "Been there; done that."

Gearheads might scoff that I still play a Blessing but at this point nobody's complained about my sound and I don't play enough orchestra work anymore to warrant buying a new (insert your favorite .547 bore/F attachment here).     Image

Currently I play in city bands, a ska band, church brass ensembles and orchestras, and the occasional sub job whenever they don't interfere with my full-time music teaching job, family, etc.

I've been lurking a while, and I'm really enjoying this forum!  If there's anyone in the IL/WI stateline area looking for a solid tenor bone player, let me know!  I'm up for jamming any style, and I'm not expecting to find paying gigs... I just thought I'd ask!

Ska Guy 42    Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi... I guess this would be a reintroduction.  I was a member quite a while back; so far back that I don't even remember my old SN!  For the old fogies out there, I was there when flute first became a bad word.  Image

My name is Scott and I go to the University of Houston.  I WAS a music student, but I had some major complications (bipolar among them) and I just completely lost interest in music.  I hadn't touched my horn for (almost exactly) 2 years until 3 days ago.  I'm in love again!  I'm amazed that all of the muscle memory is still there!

Anywho, I'm currently a photo student (and still a freshman... don't ask  Image ).  Hope that covers it.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

haha, I registered around a month or two ago, and didn't introduce myself...how rude of me..

Hey guys...name's Bo, a trombone player(-_-) living in the North Jersey Area...I am a Junior in High School, 1st chair in symphony band and jazz band.

I currently play on a Bach 36BO (haha...my name's Bo...BO...haha...nvm..-_-) convertable, with a 5GS for classical and a 6.5 AL for my all-round/jazz music.

I'm probably the only Korean Trombone player...haha, let alone Asian...xD

Nice to meet you all..now, lets get playin dudes!
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Welcome, all you new members! Image  Image  Image

It's great to have you with us. Hope to see lots of posts from you. Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

For several years, my answer to the question, "What are you doing in retirement?" was: "I play."  Then about a year ago I decided that "play", as in music, is something I should have been doing for at least the past 60 years.  So, I rented a trombone, found a teacher who could handle an aged beginner and started honking away.
What great fun!  
How would Boston's subway system respond to a 70 something busker?
ttf_dj kennedy

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_dj kennedy »

Quote from: "RedHotMama"Hello Shan, and hello to all you other new members! Image

I'm sorry I haven't said hello to each of you, but I think you would very soon get tired of my messages if I did.

Welcome, all of you!

I hope to see you posting all over the forum. Image
=================================

And thank you, DJ, for recruiting all those new members. Image
===============
THESE   GUYS  ARENT  NEW  !!!!!!!
THEYVE  BEEN  AROUND  THE   BLOCK  A  FEW  TIMES  !!!!!!!
================================
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

hey guys,

i'm hardly new (i've seen the site plently of times) but only recently started posting a tiny bit.  My name is Nadav Nirenberg, i'm 20 and study Jazz Performance on trombone at Mcgill University in Montreal.  I mostly play in jazz/bigband/funk/latin styles.  I grew up in NYC, learning the trombone through the public school system, no private lessons, and still return to NYC every so often to play/hang.  Hmm what else....I play a tiny little Holton 60/65 from the US Navy in WWII for jazz/lead and a Bach 42B for most everything else.  anyways i'll see you guys out there

Nadav
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hi, Herb and Nadav! Image

Quote from: "dj kennedy"  ===============
THESE   GUYS  ARENT  NEW  !!!!!!!
THEYVE  BEEN  AROUND  THE   BLOCK  A  FEW  TIMES  !!!!!!!
================================

Well, maybe I'd rather not know how many times they've been around the block, DJ, but if they're new here, that's good enough for me!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

So I'm Jay. Been around for a while I guess, just never ran across this thread somehow....? The place looks great, the best mods in the world. Its amazing how motivating this forum can be, and how quick I can get AWESOME advice! Mama is nuts, just to add that, but I'm definitely lovin' her. Thanks for your support, we ALL look up to you. And DJ, you're the man.

Oh, I'm 16 and a freshman at FVSU, in middle GA. Going to Columbus State (like the thing says) in the fall. Not that anyone really cares I guess. oh well.

Thanks for the opportunity to impart what little knowledge I have, and for helping gain knowledge 10 fold everyday.! Image
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

What, me, nuts????? Image

Hello, Jay! Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi,

My name is Tom, and I live in California. I'm 20, and want to learn the trombone. This site was recomended to me by a friend, and seems like a pretty awesome resource.

I'm always on the lookout for any good advice/tips for a beginner.  Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hey. I'm in hs school band (marching/concert) and I live in Mississippi. also, I'm a girl trombonist!
*Katie*
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi everyone! Yes I'm a new comer of course Image

I am a boy in Hong Kong and I'm 15yrs old.
I've played trombone for 5yrs and piano for 9yrs and I've stopped.

Now I'm playing in Hong Kong Youth Wind Philharmonic(Hope that someone know it=P)

Return to “Chit-Chat”