Hurricane a' Comin'

Spin your yarns here.
BGuttman

Hurricane a' Comin'

Post by BGuttman »

Good luck to all our Floridians as Hurricane Dorian bears in.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Mikebmiller

Re: Hurricane a' Comin'

Post by Mikebmiller »

Tryin' to reason with Hurricane season.

imsevimse

Post by imsevimse »

I have never experienced a hurricane. We had a terrible storm in september 1969 that I still have in memory Ten people died and a lot of buildings destroyed. Trees had fallen everywhere. The roof of the neighbor's house came of and sailed away and landed about 50 meters from the house. A hurricane is something else. I hope everybody will be safe

/Tom
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

I went through one when I lived in South Florida. Happily it was minor. Went through another in Virginia Beach in either 2002 or 2003. Doug Elliott and I went for a run right after and saw downed trees, etc. Still not too bad.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Current track shows it skirting the east coast of Florida and heading toward South Carolina. High winds all along the shore from Mar-A-Lago north to Charleston. Wonder if it will turn northeast toward Cape Hatteras and back out to sea.
Bruce Guttman
"Almost Professional"
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Latest track now has it missing Mar-A-Lago. Guess it was afraid of being nuked :evil:

Predicted to travel a couple of hundred miles parallel to the coasts of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina. Passing out to sea off Cape Hatteras.
Bruce Guttman
"Almost Professional"
Mikebmiller

Post by Mikebmiller »

Hugo was the worst thing to hit SC in my lifetime. It came ashore at Charleston, took I-26 up to Columbia, then made a right on I-77 to Charlotte, where it hit with 75 mph winds. My sister lives there and I had just recently moved from Charlotte back to Spartanburg. I drove up to see her that weekend and it was the biggest mess I have ever seen. And that was 200 miles inland. Charleston really got walloped.

Return to “Tangents”