Yamaha F lever cover

MTbassbone

Yamaha F lever cover

Post by MTbassbone »

Any one know if the curved lever cover on Yamaha Xeno trombones can be added to older Yamahas? I know the parts can be ordered via a dealer, but not sure if it would fit.
sirisobhakya

Re: Yamaha F lever cover

Post by sirisobhakya »

You mean the adjustable thumb pad right? Ishall try tomorrow if I have a chance.

If I remember correctly, I once see a photo of a YBL-421 (with plain lever + string linkage) with the thumb pad added. But I cannot find it anymore.
Chaichan Wiriyaswat
Bangkok, Thailand
“Why did I buy so many horns when I only have one mouth…?”
MTbassbone

Post by MTbassbone »

sirisobhakya wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:53 pm You mean the adjustable thumb pad right? I shall try tomorrow if I have a chance.
Yes, the curved thumb pad with the adjustable screw.
aaronhynds

Post by aaronhynds »

I am also interested in this--would love to get one for my 613H.
aaronhynds

Post by aaronhynds »

MTbassbone wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 pm Any one know if the curved lever cover on Yamaha Xeno trombones can be added to older Yamahas? I know the parts can be ordered via a dealer, but not sure if it would fit.
Found an answer! If you go to this page and create a "US Consumer" account, you can order the parts directly. I'm excited to find out that I can use the paddle with my 613H--when you search for the YBL-830 (which has the paddle), it shows that the F valve trigger assembly actually gives the model number as "613H". They use the same part after all!

https://www.yamaha24x7.com
greenbean

Post by greenbean »

You can find them through Yamaha dealers, too. On-line or local shops. I bought one from (I think) Mouthpiece Express a few years ago. I remember it being $26. I used it on numerous Yamahas - old and current models - but eventually forgot to remove it from a horn when I sold it...
Tom in San Francisco
Currently playing...
Bach Corp 16M
Many French horns

Return to “Modification & Repair”