Reconditioning a Reunion Blues bag...

greenbean

Reconditioning a Reunion Blues bag...

Post by greenbean »

A little show-and-tell here. I bought my daughter a sewing machine a few months ago. She has made all sorts of nice things. I quickly realized that I had some repairs that I could make, too. What a handy piece of technology to have in the house! So, here is my first sewing project. Trombone-related, it turns out.

I while back, I acquired an early Reunion Blues mute bag made by Glenn Cronkhite in San Francisco back in the good ol' days. I used it once and pulled out a mute and found it to be covered with half-a-million microscopic specks of lining material. The cushioning material inside the lining was disintegrating and filtering out through the lining.

So, I ripped out all the old lining and put in a new double-layer of fleece material. The stitching actual got tricky because I was sewing though a 1/4 in or more of material in some places. But it worked. I had some leftover fleece so made a "mute blanket" to put help keep the mutes from clanging around too much. I also recovered the original Reunion Blues label and moved it to the outside.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/znEtTQYAzHMfw2GS8
Tom in San Francisco
Currently playing...
Bach Corp 16M
Many French horns
bassbone

Re: Reconditioning a Reunion Blues bag...

Post by bassbone »

I have an old WWBW mute bag that has been retired due to the same lining disintegration. That is a really nice looking fix!
Neo Bri

Re: Reconditioning a Reunion Blues bag...

Post by Neo Bri »

Looks good!

Return to “Accessories”