Parduba Double Cup mpc

kingsk1117

Parduba Double Cup mpc

Post by kingsk1117 »

My alto sax-playing father just mentioned a Parduba double cup mpc for trombone to me that I had never heard of before. I'm intrigued, but is it a gimmick, a fad, or something worth looking into? It does not show up in my Picket mouthpiece comparability app, so I'm wondering how their sizing compares?
Neo Bri

Re: Parduba Double Cup mpc

Post by Neo Bri »

Hey had some popularity in the past. I actually think they're sort of interesting, though I've never seen them in any sizes remotely compatible with my face.
doctortrombone

Post by doctortrombone »

They came in a pretty broad range of sizes. I've owned three, all in the 12 to 9 range in comparison to Bach. Can't say they knocked me out or improved my range. I guess it depends on how much of your lip extends into the bowl. I have thin lips, so I don't think the double cup made any difference.

They turn up on Ebay pretty often and seldom sell for more than $60.
heinzgries

Post by heinzgries »

for a while, i use one on my altos. Not the baddest way.
But I returned to normal cup mouthpieces.
Here a link to the website with size chart.

http://www.grandcanyontuberadio.com/ins ... rduba.html
SirJohn

Post by SirJohn »

Buescher produced their own version back from the 30s to 50s called the duo-cup, too. Probably a bandwagon type thing, too. Can only find reference to one rim size with two different depths, though. See page 32 of this pdf (catalog page 30)
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

Pardubas, Rucky Mucks, and similar cushion-rim designs are popular with the banda guys (long gigs playing high and loud). Lately Garibaldi seems to have become the mouthpiece of choice. You're not likely to find them at just any store, but the ones that cater to banda and mariachi players will usually have some in stock.

Return to “Mouthpieces”