Accompaniment for Bordogni?

Pictures, video, etc.
Backbone

Accompaniment for Bordogni?

Post by Backbone »

Anyone know if there are any accompaniments for the Marco Bordogni exercises written and or recorded? This would be the 43 Bel Canto Studies for Tuba or Bass Trombone.
boneagain

Re: Accompaniment for Bordogni?

Post by boneagain »

One option is the David Schwartz book/cd combination. One volume has nearly the same content as the Bordogni/Ostrander. You can probably find the remainder of the 43 studies in the other volumes. It is not very hard to transpose the cd files to match the keys of different transcriptions, although that would be even simpler if the files had been midi instead of aiff.
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

There is also a book of counterpoints to the bordognis. Nice if you want to play bordognis as duets.

Warning: the counterpoint voice isn't easy.
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

The Schwartz stuff is good. I have the "Bordogni for Bass Trombone" and it comes with a CD of piano accompaniments.

I also have the "Bordogni Accompaniments for Rochut (Folio #1)" piano sheet music. Covers Rochut #2-#20 and contains the solo staff (bass clef) as well. So my wife and I can play these together from time to time.
Gary Merrill
Wessex EEb tuba
Mack Brass Compensating Euph
Amati Oval Euph
1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba
Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone
DE LB K/K10/112 Lexan, M&K GR Nickel leadpipe
1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Bach 12c)
Backbone

Post by Backbone »

boneagain wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:09 am One option is the David Schwartz book/cd combination. One volume has nearly the same content as the Bordogni/Ostrander. You can probably find the remainder of the 43 studies in the other volumes. It is not very hard to transpose the cd files to match the keys of different transcriptions, although that would be even simpler if the files had been midi instead of aiff.
Found a link to the accompaniments here:

http://www.hickeys.com/music/brass/trom ... tudies.php
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Chiptingle

Post by Chiptingle »

Smart Music also has quality accompaniments which are easily transposable within the software program.
Backbone

Post by Backbone »

Awesome! Great resource.
Backbone

Post by Backbone »

Now, does anyone know of where I can get a high quality recording of the accompaniments?
Savio

Post by Savio »

I have midi files with both melody and accompaniment. I dont know about recordings of them.
Leif
robcat2075

Post by robcat2075 »

Here are the first 5 Bordogni Vocalises in MuseScore format.

Bord1-5.zip

MuseScore offers these delights...
  • Free
  • Real music notation
  • Easily editable for tempo, key, clef, repeats, A440, etc.
  • Includes both solo and accompaniments
To avoid copyright infringements these are taken directly from 19th Century public domain printings of Bordogni Vocalises and are transcribed to match the originals as closely as possible. The numbering, key, length and solo notation often depart from the Rochut edition we are all familiar with.

I made a quickstart video to show new users how to get MuseScore and use it with these files. There are many other instructional videos on the MuseScore site as well

If you don't like the MuseScore piano sound, other piano sounds are available on the web and can be substituted. These piano accompaniments become much less robotic-sounding when appropriate pedaling is added, however I haven't edited that into these files. I leave that as a matter of personal taste for you to add ad lib.

As they are, they should be entirely suitable for practice purposes before engaging a live piano player. I imagine most trombone players have never even heard a Bordogni accompaniment before.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie

Return to “Media”