NABBA

Looking for opportunities?
Post Reply
Dennis
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:23 pm

NABBA

Post by Dennis » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:39 pm

Who is going to be at NABBA in 2 weeks?
User avatar
Neo Bri
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:30 am
Location: Netherwhere
Contact:

Re: NABBA

Post by Neo Bri » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:46 am

What is NABBA?
________________________________________________________
Get the word out! Make www.trombonechat.com our community!
User avatar
JohnL
Posts: 234
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:01 am
Contact:

Re: NABBA

Post by JohnL » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:58 am

User avatar
Neo Bri
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:30 am
Location: Netherwhere
Contact:

Re: NABBA

Post by Neo Bri » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:00 am

That's cool. Wish I was closer.
________________________________________________________
Get the word out! Make www.trombonechat.com our community!
bbocaner
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:14 pm
Location: Fairfax Station, VA

Re: NABBA

Post by bbocaner » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:23 pm

I'm going. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for my band to go again this year, but I'm helping out another local band on tuba (!!) and I will be taking some photos again. Which group do you play with?
Dennis
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:23 pm

Re: NABBA

Post by Dennis » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:55 pm

I'm with the Cincinnati Brass Band. Who are you playing with?
davebb
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:40 pm

Re: NABBA

Post by davebb » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:53 am

Will there be a livestream ?
Mikebmiller
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:13 am
Location: Spartanburg, SC

Re: NABBA

Post by Mikebmiller » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Neo Bri wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:46 am
What is NABBA?
It's a Fred Flinstone thing - Nabba Dabba Doo!
bbocaner
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:14 pm
Location: Fairfax Station, VA

Re: NABBA

Post by bbocaner » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:50 pm

I ordinarily play with Brass of the Potomac but I'm playing with Rockville Brass Band at this year's contest.
User avatar
BassBonePete
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: NABBA

Post by BassBonePete » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:29 am

I will be at NABBA playing with the Cincinnati Brass Band. Hi Dennis, glad to see you on here.
User avatar
Molefsky
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:24 pm
Location: US
Contact:

Re: NABBA

Post by Molefsky » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:07 am

We're considering NABBA for 2019. Were you Cinci guys playing at DFOB this year?
M. Olefsky
Calle Soul Salsa
Arkansas Musicworks Brass Band
cozzagiorgi
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Re: NABBA

Post by cozzagiorgi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:31 am

Finally some brass band talking on Trombonechat :-)

What where this years test pieces?
How is the brass band level over there?
User avatar
Kingfan
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:32 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: NABBA

Post by Kingfan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:33 am

Dennis wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:55 pm
I'm with the Cincinnati Brass Band. Who are you playing with?
I think my old buddy Tod Steen joined that band in the last year or so. We played in a college jazz band with John Fedchock when we were all in high school.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
User avatar
Molefsky
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:24 pm
Location: US
Contact:

Re: NABBA

Post by Molefsky » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:02 pm

cozzagiorgi wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:31 am
Finally some brass band talking on Trombonechat :-)

What where this years test pieces?
How is the brass band level over there?
http://nabba.org/championships/test.html

Championship As If a Voice Were In Them
1st Section Diversions on a Bass Theme
2nd Section Frontier Vision
3rd Section Lake of the Moon

The quality is increasing as more bands join the ranks across the US. 1st section was particularly competitive. Some of the bands really need to move up to Championship while others down to 2nd.
M. Olefsky
Calle Soul Salsa
Arkansas Musicworks Brass Band
cozzagiorgi
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Re: NABBA

Post by cozzagiorgi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:34 pm

Molefsky wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:02 pm
cozzagiorgi wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:31 am
Finally some brass band talking on Trombonechat :-)

What where this years test pieces?
How is the brass band level over there?
http://nabba.org/championships/test.html

Championship As If a Voice Were In Them
1st Section Diversions on a Bass Theme
2nd Section Frontier Vision
3rd Section Lake of the Moon

The quality is increasing as more bands join the ranks across the US. 1st section was particularly competitive. Some of the bands really need to move up to Championship while others down to 2nd.
Cool pieces!
Is there a sytem where bands have to go up or down in sections according to their results?
User avatar
Molefsky
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:24 pm
Location: US
Contact:

Re: NABBA

Post by Molefsky » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:39 pm

There used to be but I don't think it's enforced anymore. This is a bit of a dilemma for our group being so new; we're not sure where to enter for our first year of competition.
M. Olefsky
Calle Soul Salsa
Arkansas Musicworks Brass Band
Post Reply

Return to “Gigs, Events, Jobs, & Vacancies”