Bach Stradivarius 42BO Professional Trombone
8 1/2 Inch Yellows Brass Bell
.547 KLarge Bore tenor
F attachment with Open Wrap Tubing
Serial Number 143316- From around 2005
No Dents
Superb Slide Action
Nice lacquer finish

Bach Stradivarius trombones have been the instrument by which all other trombones are measured for a long time- dating back before 1950. When I got my first pro level trombone, there were really only two good choices for a large bore symphonic trombone- Bach 42s and Conn 88Hs. Because the bach cost 50% more, my parents chose the Conn and I always kind of looked up to the Bachs. Many years later I believe that Bachs play with a bigger sound overall that projects more than the Conn. This is a trombone that will play into the highest registers yet still milk a ballad and pop a pedal note. It can knock dwon walls with volume yet blend into a section.

This came to me with a few dents and typical Bach lacquer on the bell and hand slides that was starting to fail. My very good technician removed the dents and the rest of the lacquer in these areas and reapplied a better grade finish that will last much longer than the original factory finish.

The slide is the most important part of the horn and after a good cleaning and alignment, this slide is probably better than when it came from the factory. It is very fast smooth and silent - exactly what you want a slide to be. The valve is quick and also quiet- many of the older Bach valves were quite noisy. Open wrap tubing helps valved notes sound like non valved notes- a nice improvement over years of old.

Comes with a Marcinkowiscz 7G*B9 mouthpiece - This is a $100 mouthpiece- good starting point- plays high a bit more easily than some of the bigger pieces.

Bach cases like this one frequently had zipper that failed and this did too. We solved it with good reliable latches. Will protect the trombone nicely and the fabric is good looking.

This listing will only be available through Sunday- I am going out of town that evening- so please don't wait! call me at 253 241 0932 or email or pm
ttf_mark fellows

FS Very Nice Bach Strad 42BO- No Dents Great Slide

Post by ttf_mark fellows »

It might have been a good idea for me to put a price on it
I am asking $1495 plus shipping
This is about half the price of a new one for a used one in great shape
both playing and cosmetically

Return to “Classified Advertisements”