Closet Clearance

ttf_hyperbolica

Closet Clearance

Post by ttf_hyperbolica »

I've decided on a handful of horns to keep, and the rest must go.

1936 24h, silver plate, great art deco engraving, 6.5-7" bell, great slide. Heavy horn, for it's size  but sounds great. Do a forum search on the old 24hs, and read all the great comments. This is one of the great ones. Plays bigger than the sub .500 spec might suggest. Kind of like a  NY Bach 6. Comes with original case. $650

10h with custom 6h lightened slide w/ wide glide crook. Bell is mostly delacquered. A comfortable mellow horn to play. Darker than a typical 6h. Case. $800

1936 70h, dual bore, 9.5" bell single trigger with F and Eb slides. Delacquered. Most dents removed. Tuning in slide works well. Slide and valve work well. Case. $1300

2 year old Wessex Dulce 3+1 compensating euphonium. Perfect condition includes original case, mouthpiece and straps. Valves and slides work perfectly. Check the reviews on this. Yes, its Chinese, but these get top ratings across the board. $900

Kanstul 1662i bell flare only.  .025" thick red brass, 9.5" diameter. No dents. Has factory lacquer. I replaced the bell on my 1662i and this was the original. Factory packaging. $400

Conn 38h Connstellation bell section  only, includes tuning slide, no main slide. 38h had 2 incarnations, first in the 20s it was a small bore TIS, and in the 50s it was a 500 bore Connstellation with some of the features of its more famous cousin, the 48h. This is not the "unique" BAC thing someone else is selling. This is a Connstellation. 1950s, 7.5" unlaquered bell, originally .500 bore. This bell plays well with a 48h slide or something smaller like a 24h or 4h. The bell plays on the mellow side, not at all like a 48h. More like a dark 6h with more focus. Gussetted main bell brace. Fits slides from 6h, 28h, 38h, 48h, 10h, 24h, 4h. There  is someone on the forum selling what he claims to be a 38h slide, but it sounds like a 32h to me. $375

So what did I decide to keep? A beautiful 68 Elkhart 88h w/original and 525 slide.  1970 79h w/50s 78h rose bell. Kanstul 1662i. R series (Abilene) 48h, every bit as good as any Elkhart I've played. PM for pix or more info.
ttf_pineapple707

Closet Clearance

Post by ttf_pineapple707 »

PM sent Re: 1662i bell
ttf_hyperbolica

Closet Clearance

Kanstul bell sold. Inquiries on 70h, euph

1936 24h, silver plate, great art deco engraving, 6.5-7" bell, great slide. Heavy horn, for it's size  but sounds great. Do a forum search on the old 24hs, and read all the great comments. This is one of the great ones. Plays bigger than the sub .500 spec might suggest. Kind of like a  NY Bach 6. Comes with original case. $650

10h with custom 6h lightened slide w/ wide glide crook. Bell is mostly delacquered. A comfortable mellow horn to play. Darker than a typical 6h. Case. $800

1936 70h, dual bore, 9.5" bell single trigger with F and Eb slides. Delacquered. Most dents removed. Tuning in slide works well. Slide and valve work well. Case. $1300

2 year old Wessex Dulce 3+1 compensating euphonium. Perfect condition includes original case, mouthpiece and straps. Valves and slides work perfectly. Check the reviews on this. Yes, its Chinese, but these get top ratings across the board. $900

[s]Kanstul 1662i bell flare only.  .025" thick red brass, 9.5" diameter. No dents. Has factory lacquer. I replaced the bell on my 1662i and this was the original. Factory packaging. $400[/s]

Conn 38h Connstellation bell section  only, includes tuning slide, no main slide. 38h had 2 incarnations, first in the 20s it was a small bore TIS, and in the 50s it was a 500 bore Connstellation with some of the features of its more famous cousin, the 48h. This is not the "unique" BAC thing someone else is selling. This is a Connstellation. 1950s, 7.5" unlaquered bell, originally .500 bore. This bell plays well with a 48h slide or something smaller like a 24h or 4h. The bell plays on the mellow side, not at all like a 48h. More like a dark 6h with more focus. Gussetted main bell brace. Fits slides from 6h, 28h, 38h, 48h, 10h, 24h, 4h. There  is someone on the forum selling what he claims to be a 38h slide, but it sounds like a 32h to me. $375
ttf_hyperbolica

Closet Clearance

Antique early 1900s Eb 3 valve alto by Carl Fisher. Works, but needs a water key. Small shank mouthpiece almost fits, probably needs alto horn mpc. Price negotiable. Selling for friend.

ttf_hyperbolica

Closet Clearance

Euphonium SOLD. Other stuff still available. Prices lowered.

Antique early 1900s Eb 3 valve alto by Carl Fisher. Works, but needs a water key. Small shank mouthpiece almost fits, probably needs alto horn mpc.  Price negotiable. Selling for friend.

1936 24h, silver plate, great art deco engraving, 6.5-7" bell, great slide. Heavy horn, for it's size  but sounds great. Do a forum search on the old 24hs, and read all the great comments. This is one of the great ones. Plays bigger than the sub .500 spec might suggest. Kind of like a  NY Bach 6. Comes with original case. $600

10h with custom 6h lightened slide w/ wide glide crook. Bell is mostly delacquered. A comfortable mellow horn to play. Darker than a typical 6h. Case. $750

1936 70h, dual bore, 9.5" bell single trigger with F and Eb slides. Delacquered. Most dents removed. Tuning in slide works well. Slide and valve work well. Case. $1200

[s]2 year old Wessex Dulce 3+1 compensating euphonium. Perfect condition includes original case, mouthpiece and straps. Valves and slides work perfectly. Check the reviews on this. Yes, its Chinese, but these get top ratings across the board. $900[/s]

Return to “Classified Advertisements”