FS: Mt Vernon Bach 36

ttf_greenbean

Post by ttf_greenbean »

1963 Bach 36 trombone here.  Straight, no F.  Awesome playing 36.  The best 36 I have played by far.  Remarkable response and projection.  Sheesh.  Cosmetically not beautiful, but it is straight, ding-free, with a good-working aligned slide.  Not a Yamaha-Rath-type great slide; but a good moving, absolutely playable slide.  Each stocking has a wear spot about, oh, the size of.. a baby green pea.  Counterweight is not original but is included if you want it.  Comes in a 1980's brownie case or a Reunion Blues gig bag - your choice.  $1700 shipped in the US.

https://goo.gl/photos/PWnLLyNn1ioUs5ELA

ttf_Adrianct729

Post by ttf_Adrianct729 »

Beautiful.  I've always wanted to play a mt. Vernon but have never had the opportunity.  How does this compare to corporation horns?
ttf_greenbean

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Quote from: Adrianct729 on Apr 19, 2017, 08:33AMBeautiful.  I've always wanted to play a mt. Vernon but have never had the opportunity.  How does this compare to corporation horns?

I have played several Corporation 36's that were very good - one of which was really great.  But this easily tops that one by a large margin.  This may sound like I am engaging in Puffery - but assure you I am not.  This is a truly phenomenal player.  It is one of very few horns I have played that makes me just stare at it when I put it down and wonder.. how on earth?!  Why.. would this one be so different than other horns?!... I don't get it.  It is some kind of mojo.   

That said, I am getting out of the small- and medium-bore business.  And am going to focus on bass playing.  With a few large-bores around for kicks. 

I know some of you might be rolling your eyes... thinking this sounds like advertising copy.  So, I am willing to let this go out on trial.  If it is not loved, just send it back.
ttf_Adrianct729

Post by ttf_Adrianct729 »

Email and PM sent.  Awaiting reply!
ttf_greenbean

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Still available!  Image

Return to “Classified Advertisements”