Workshops during fall in Europe

ttf_fgodin

Post by ttf_fgodin »

Hi!  Image

I just moved to Denmark for my Master's degree and I was wondering if you guys knew of any orchestral or masterclass program in Europe during October?

Thanks!
ttf_marccromme

Post by ttf_marccromme »

Quote from: fgodin on Sep 11, 2017, 04:06PMHi!  Image

I just moved to Denmark for my Master's degree and I was wondering if you guys knew of any orchestral or masterclass program in Europe during October?

Thanks!

Welcome to DK - where are you doing your master? I don't know about October classes, but you could try to ask at the Copenhagen conservatory - professor Jesper Juul Windal (trombone) or professor Jens-Bjørn Larsen (tuba)
Both are nice chaps, and you can google/find their e-mail at the conservatory home page.

In summer there is the really great Danish-German Brass Academy in Gråsten, intended for good amateurs up to conservatory students. There I met Jens-Bjørn and Hakon from Stockholm. You woun't regret meeting the brass world there. http://sonderborgkommune.dk/borger/dansk-tysk-messingblaeserakademi - just shoot them an e-mail.

Another great place to meet good amateurs and professional alike is the DK Brass Band Scene, there are 6 elite division bands and 5 first division bands in DK, surely you will be able to find one near your living town. These are excellent brass training facilities for ensemble work. List of bands is here at the 2017 DK barss band competition site: http://daonet.dk/dm-brass-2017-i-skanderborg/deltagende-orkestre-ved-dm-brass-2017/
If you want to make contacts to the BB world, you might want to go to hear the competion, which is 4-5 November.

Shoot me a PM if you need more info - best Marc Cromme
ttf_marccromme

Post by ttf_marccromme »

Also check out the next master class held by Christian Lindberg. The last one was August 2017 at the Schleswig-Holstein Music Festival, northern Germany.
ttf_marccromme

Post by ttf_marccromme »

Also check out the next master class held by Christian Lindberg. The last one was August 2017 at the Schleswig-Holstein Music Festival, northern Germany.

Return to “Practice Room”