Audition material

ttf_jbeckett

Audition material

Post by ttf_jbeckett »

Is there a website with cheap excerpts and concertos to download from? Something similar to iTunes of the sheet music world.
ttf_bigbassbone1

Audition material

Post by ttf_bigbassbone1 »

Type IMSLP into google.
ttf_BGuttman

Audition material

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

ttf_jbeckett

Audition material

Post by ttf_jbeckett »

I found Trombone excerpts and a few from Indiana u, but there are a few that need I'm going to have to contact the symphony librarian for a copy. I just hate bugging them.
ttf_harrison.t.reed

Audition material

Post by ttf_harrison.t.reed »

If you are serious about [s]excerpts[/s] [s]auditioning[/s] being an orchestral musician, do yourself a favor:

Buy the Gordon Cherry orchestral parts disc, and the Kanda Megumi "the hundred" excerpt book. Get on Naxos Music Library and listen to the full pieces.

The Gordon cd gives you all the full parts. The Kanda book tells you how to play them. No librarian bugging needed.

you can build your own cherry cd on IMSLP, probably much further than what is on his disc, but time is valuable.
ttf_jbeckett

Audition material

Post by ttf_jbeckett »

Quote from: harrison.t.reed on Aug 12, 2017, 09:26PMIf you are serious about [s]excerpts[/s] [s]auditioning[/s] being an orchestral musician, do yourself a favor:

Buy the Gordon Cherry orchestral parts disc, and the Kanda Megumi "the hundred" excerpt book. Get on Naxos Music Library and listen to the full pieces.

The Gordon cd gives you all the full parts. The Kanda book tells you how to play them. No librarian bugging needed.

you can build your own cherry cd on IMSLP, probably much further than what is on his disc, but time is valuable.

Thank you. Will do.
ttf_sonicsilver

Audition material

Post by ttf_sonicsilver »

When I was a student, I made my own excerpt book by going to the library, getting full scores and reading through them with a recording, then copying out by hand the bits I thought necessary.

Three advantages. 1) It gave me a very good knowledge of every dot and line in my own part because I paid attention to them while copying. 2) It gave me a good awareness of what else was happening and where my part sat in the whole orchestra. 3) While looking for scores, I often came across new discoveries by accident just by seeing something that caught my eye on the shelf.

Kids these days... Don't know they're born... Newfangled CDs garnstarnit.
ttf_jbeckett

Audition material

Post by ttf_jbeckett »

dang interwebs!  procured a book for tenor and bass.  we shall see where this leads.
ttf_GetzenBassPlayer

Audition material

Post by ttf_GetzenBassPlayer »

I would also recommend the Yeo and Kanda books, 100 Orchestral Excerpts. I have the Yeo book and it is very well done with big print and pitfalls to watch out for.
ttf_GetzenBassPlayer

Audition material

Post by ttf_GetzenBassPlayer »

I would also recommend the Yeo and Kanda books, 100 Orchestral Excerpts. I have the Yeo book and it is very well done with big print and pitfalls to watch out for.

Return to “Practice Room”