Michel Defaye Deux Danses

ttf_jackbird

Post by ttf_jackbird »

Does anyone know if Defaye's Deux Danses was ever orchestrated? The original is for tbone with piano, and I can't find an orchestral version.
ttf_Sliphorn

Post by ttf_Sliphorn »

Funny enough, I orchestrated a version of it a long time ago, but it wouldn't be useful to you.  I reharmonized it and played it on a recital.  It was a lot of fun.

I'd hope there's a full orchestra version, but I've never heard it.
ttf_GetzenBassPlayer

Post by ttf_GetzenBassPlayer »

Has it ever been done at the ETW?
ttf_Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

The Navy Band in DC has an arrangement for concert band - I played it with them when I was in high school... a LONG time ago...
ttf_jackbird

Post by ttf_jackbird »

Quote from: Sliphorn on Jun 10, 2017, 03:10PMFunny enough, I orchestrated a version of it a long time ago, but it wouldn't be useful to you.  I reharmonized it and played it on a recital.  It was a lot of fun.

Sounds interesting. Do you have a recording you could share of that performance? Id be looking for a small string ensemble up to a chamber Orchestra.
ttf_jackbird

Post by ttf_jackbird »

Quote from: Sliphorn on Jun 10, 2017, 03:10PMFunny enough, I orchestrated a version of it a long time ago, but it wouldn't be useful to you.  I reharmonized it and played it on a recital.  It was a lot of fun.

Sounds interesting. Do you have a recording you could share of that performance? Id be looking for a small string ensemble up to a chamber Orchestra.

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”