Jazz Duet Charts?

ttf_Russ White

Jazz Duet Charts?

Post by ttf_Russ White »

I was just approached to do a JJ and Kai type quintet ensemble. I have the original JJ and Kai book, but I'm wondering if there are other, more contemporary, charts available out the there for a two trombone fronted ensemble. I know they exist, I just don't know if they are available.
ttf_Arranger-Transcriber

Jazz Duet Charts?

Post by ttf_Arranger-Transcriber »

Sent you an email with some suggestions.
ttf_anonymous

Jazz Duet Charts?

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Where is that book... [searching...]  aha!
28 Vignettes for two trombones, by Richard J.Fote.
Bob  McChesney did some youtube clips of some of the duets with some notable players, and they are a lot of fun.  Unlike the J&K, there is no rhythm section.
ttf_anonymous

Jazz Duet Charts?

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Jack Gales has a 12 jazz duet book. Chord changes are given for each tune, and if you have a knowledgable rhythm section, you could open solo sections up and make them into more full-fledged charts. There is also an accompaniment CD with bones and rhythm or rhythm only. Upper intermediate-advanced level. The 28 vignettes book is cool too, lots of different styles.

https://www.jwpepper.com/12-Jazz-Duets/5610811.item#/submit
ttf_anonymous

Jazz Duet Charts?

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Jack Gales has a 12 jazz duet book. Chord changes are given for each tune, and if you have a knowledgable rhythm section, you could open solo sections up and make them into more full-fledged charts. There is also an accompaniment CD with bones and rhythm or rhythm only. Upper intermediate-advanced level. The 28 vignettes book is cool too, lots of different styles.

https://www.jwpepper.com/12-Jazz-Duets/5610811.item#/submit

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”