New User Welcomes!

Important Trombone Chat information starts here.
Backslider

New User Welcomes!

Post by Backslider »

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to TromboneChat but I'm an old Trombonist who has been in and out of practice. (Currently 'Out')

Coming back after having not played since 2002. That was for my high school band reunion.
Prior to that, I had not played since the 90's. That was for my Salem County Brass Society reunion.
Prior to that, I last played in the 80's. That was when I finish school and life got in the way. LOL

Hence my username: "Backslider"

Glad to be here and determined to stay 'In' for a while.
We'll see!

--Matt S
jakeb101

Re: New User Welcomes!

Post by jakeb101 »

King 2B Liberty serial number.. What year would 508433 be?
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan »

jakeb101 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:28 pm King 2B Liberty serial number.. What year would 508433 be?
About 1975.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan »

Welcome back Backslider! I just now got the pun of your username - very clever! Never too late for a second round. Find a local community band, big band, or college band that you can play in if you can. I don't know where you live, but if there is a New Horizons https://newhorizonsmusic.org/ group near you that would be a great place to find kindred spirits in a non-judgmental environment. What horn are you playing?
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
Backslider

Post by Backslider »

Kingfan wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:34 pm Welcome back Backslider!
…What horn are you playing?
Thanks for the encouragement and the link!
My “Ax” is a Bach 36B and I’m currently trying to go to the shed as often as I can to work on my Chops.

—Matt S
jimazing

Introduction from Charlotte, NC

Post by jimazing »

Hi All, I am an older fellow picking up the trombone again after many years away. I joined the Charlotte PRIDE Concert Band (Charlotte NC) last August and I'm having a blast.

I just picked up a Greg Black 4D mouthpiece and a Shires Q30 axe. Now I have no excuses and a lot of work to do. 😀

I've already picked up a few tips on this forum. Anxious to get thru the hurdles to be a certified trombone chatter :roll:
Mikebmiller

Re: Introduction from Charlotte, NC

Post by Mikebmiller »

jimazing wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:46 pm Hi All, I am an older fellow picking up the trombone again after many years away. I joined the Charlotte PRIDE Concert Band (Charlotte NC) last August and I'm having a blast.

I just picked up a Greg Black 4D mouthpiece and a Shires Q30 axe. Now I have no excuses and a lot of work to do. 😀

I've already picked up a few tips on this forum. Anxious to get thru the hurdles to be a certified trombone chatter :roll:

Hey there - I'm 70 miles down the road from you in Spartanburg. I lived in Charlotte for a few years in the 80's. They used to have a pretty good community band that practiced at CPCC.
jimazing

Post by jimazing »

Thanks for the welcome, neighbor. Apparently there are many band playing opportunities in Charlotte. I'm learning that some of my fellow PRIDE Band trombonists jump around and play as much as they can. This one band is all I can handle. Too many irons in the fire.

Return to “News & Announcements”