Greg Black "W" Series

TokenBone

Greg Black "W" Series

Post by TokenBone »

Hi all, I am a long time lurker but decided to finally make an account to ask a burning question. I recently tried a GB 3GSW in regular weight and loved it, actually going to purchase one when the bank agrees with me. I noticed they are only available in lightweight through his website, anyone know why that is? Were they designed to be strictly LW? This won't affect what I buy as I was not a fan of the LW version but I am curious...
norbie2018

Re: Greg Black "W" Series

Post by norbie2018 »

I had a number of questions and emailed the Greg Black site directly. A person in charge of the trombone mouthpieces got back promptly (not Greg) and generously answered all my questions. You might give it a shot.

Michael
CalgaryTbone

Re: Greg Black "W" Series

Post by CalgaryTbone »

The "W" is for Williams (Colin Williams - Associate in the NY Phil.). There are some slight differences from the standard Greg Black mouthpieces in the specs., and he is a fan of the lightweight blank. I think he and Greg believe that the lightweight black suits those mouthpieces best, although I have a used one in medium weight that was either a special order or a prototype before they settled on the lightweight as the standard. They are good mouthpieces - enjoy!

Jim Scott

Return to “Mouthpieces”