What MP shipped with the 6H?

although

What MP shipped with the 6H?

Post by although »

I've got a 52 model Conn 6h. I play it during seasons when I rotate to 1st part in our community band (Nobody really wants all those high notes, so we share the pain :D )

Of the few small bore mouthpieces that I have, I have settled on a 7C. But, I wonder, what MP was the horn originally shipped with? I really like the bog standard Remington MP on my 8H/88H horns. Was it a Conn 3?

Cheers!

mike
Posaunus

Re: What MP shipped with the 6H?

Post by Posaunus »

6H uses standard small-shank mouthpieces (not Remington taper). Probably in 1952 they were shipped with a Conn 3 mouthpiece. (Pretty good match for the trombone. Bigger than a Bach 7C.)

If you like the large-shank Remington, you might want to check out the small-shank Connstellation "Remington" (apparently produced from~1962-1972 and - I think - shipped with medium-bore Conn 79H trombones), or the nearly identical Connstellation 5C-N. But these are larger, deeper mouthpieces, so may not facilitate your high range. (Also pretty rare.)
although

Re: What MP shipped with the 6H?

Post by although »

Yeah, I was thinking Conn 3. I think I shall try to scare one up. In my limited experience, and in the absence of a swappable lead pipe, the MP that the horn shipped with is usually a solid match for the horn. Times that I have strayed far from them, I haven't been happy with the results.

Return to “Mouthpieces”