Case for Holton TR181

Johnbob

Case for Holton TR181

Post by Johnbob »

I'm considering replacing my stock hard case. Recommendations please?
CalgaryTbone

Re: Case for Holton TR181

Post by CalgaryTbone »

The 10 inch bells can be a little hard to find a good fit. I have a Yamaha w/a 10" bell and found a Bags of Spain used case that fits the horn well and is light and protective - a bit like a Marcus Bona, but with an outside that looks more like plastic (it is a good solid protective material).

When I was looking at the options out there, I found that you need the large size for the MB cases, and Bam cases fit a larger bell too. I think some Protecs work too.

In my situation, I was looking for something that would be fairly protective and user-friendly for transporting (backpack straps, lightweight, etc.). I wasn't looking to buy new since it's a used horn and only a very occasional double. Some of those I mentioned are not inexpensive to get new, but if it's your main horn it can be worth spending the money for something that will really protect the instrument and will be easy to use. A used case can save you a lot if you don't mind a few scuffs.

Jim Scott
TBone66

Post by TBone66 »

I've got mine in a Protec C245 gig bag. No problem fitting the large bell. Good large pocket for fitting the essentials in.
CarlVicVogel

Post by CarlVicVogel »

Hello All

I am actually selling the Eastman fiberglass case I used for many years to put my Holton TR-181 in. The fit was perfect for my 10" bell I actually have the horn at Dillon's Music on consignment with the original black case. After playing it for many years, I am now focusing on higher trombone parts at the request of my orchestra.

The fiberglass case is at my house that I am trying to sell locally (Philadelphia area). If you are anywhere near the New Jersey turnpike exit #5 we can meet and you can try it out. I guarantee your horn will fit perfectly as mine did.

I am selling it locally for $285 but am selling it for $50 less to students or friends of this forum. The case is in fabulous shape. Here is a link to the local Craigs List ad:
https://southjersey.craigslist.org/msg/ ... 49166.html

You can see my horn on the Dillon website at:
https://www.dillonmusic.com/used-holton ... 31393.html

Thanks

CarlVicVogel
Bach two 42BO's (silver & lacquer)
Bach LT16M (inspired by Bill Watrous)
Holton TR-181 Bass
King 3B
Yamaha 354 Tenor (early production)
Yamaha 321 Euphonium
Conn Baritone (really friggin' old) :lol:
CarlVicVogel

Post by CarlVicVogel »

Note:

You can also see the write-up about my case in the "Cases for Sale" classified section.

thanks

CarlVicVogel
Bach two 42BO's (silver & lacquer)
Bach LT16M (inspired by Bill Watrous)
Holton TR-181 Bass
King 3B
Yamaha 354 Tenor (early production)
Yamaha 321 Euphonium
Conn Baritone (really friggin' old) :lol:
Estraven

Post by Estraven »

Last edited by Estraven on Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Estraven

Post by Estraven »

A ProTec ProPac PB309CT case is of generous proportions (it swallows my 50B2). If you need specific dimensions, PM me.

Return to “Accessories”