Solder-on adapter to take Edwards Leadpipes?

harrisonreed

Solder-on adapter to take Edwards Leadpipes?

Post by harrisonreed »

Hey all! I am going to send my slide up to Rogue Repair for some custom work nd I'm trying to put together a list of parts I might need. Bottom line up front, I want to have my King 3B slide compatible with threaded Edwards .508 pipes , and I want to know if there is an adapter for that.

I looked on Instrument Innovations, and I see the bi-thread adapter, where you screw it into one type of thread and the 1/4" extension takes a different thread, but I think I need something to solder into my slide because it doesn't have any threads.

I'm also aware of the two piece leadpipe issue with the 3B -- someone had said here that maybe the top tube wasn't full length because of the weird leadpipe -- I am having both inner tubes replaced so I think this is my shot to completely change the leadpipe over.

Anyone know of a ready made part for this? It's there something else I'm not aware of that will prevent me from doing this kind of conversion?
Matt K
Verified

Re: Solder-on adapter to take Edwards Leadpipes?

Post by Matt K »

Brad Close did something like this to my 3BF (since sold) last year. The problem is that the threads from Instrument Innovations are exclusively for large bore. I just went ahead and did it anyway, which meant that he had to make a shim for my otherwise small shank leadpipe. If I were to do it again, I'd probably just order a full cork barrel assembly w/ threaded receiver from Shires or Edwards.
SoVTTb

Re: Solder-on adapter to take Edwards Leadpipes?

Post by SoVTTb »

If they have a lathe (and are happy enough cutting fine internal threads) they might be down to make a smaller version.

Return to “Modification & Repair”