Humor: Large mouthpieces and small shanks...

Garoissimo

Humor: Large mouthpieces and small shanks...

Post by Garoissimo »

"Garo, The Fool: The continuing adventures... "Quest in the Brass Realm: Episode 547.500 - Attack of the Conn's"

"...and lo, so it came to be, that in his quest to find knowledge which would enable him to avoid destroying his 88H chops when playing his small bore horns, Lord Garo proposed the following question to the great Oracle of Knowledge In the Sky, known only as 'The Google':

"Great Oracle, our Google... will a Greg Black New York 3.5m play well with small shank?"

To which his answer immediately appeared: "If I’m making a beef pot roast and I don’t have beef broth, can I use chicken broth instead? Can I use Chicken Bouillon cubes?"

Sigh... if only it were so simple. If only... :lol:
CheeseTray

Re: Humor: Large mouthpieces and small shanks...

Post by CheeseTray »

Humor: Another oracle poses the riddle thus: Why do trombone operators clingeth with such abandon to a single size of mouthpiece for all things great and small? Fickle trumpets do not. To each trombone, its proportional equipment is due - for ensuring the most mellifluous tone and ideal response. The oracle suggests that true consistency comes forth from mechanics of true virtue and monastic devotion to regular practice. Profound familiarity is the path! What is more truth seeker, is that this oracle deduces from your venerable profile visage that you are neither a youthful novice, nor neophyte. Time already well spent assures that you are in no peril of inconsistency due to a dash of flitting amongst rims. Is this not true among those who regularly partake in the sublime frustrations of the alto trombone? 'Tis a cruelly fickle beast that demands the ultimate in harmonious relations between bore and mouthpiece.

Sally forth intrepidly and with true confidence! Play each as it demands and bastardize not! You shall triumph, sir!
Garoissimo

Re: Humor: Large mouthpieces and small shanks...

Post by Garoissimo »

Well, beef broth it is then! :)

Return to “Mouthpieces”