https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zJqy-RNL7k
Vegasbound

Re: Carol Jarvis ...

Post by Vegasbound »

Hear all about this on Carol’s new podcast

hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

Carol came to an event I attended before pandemic. Her story is kind of amazing. Not necessarily from a musically technical perspective, but definitely from her health struggles. It was so extreme her blood type changed, which I find staggering. She's a talented trombonist. Maybe not super technical like Bill Watrous, but a very expressive and elegant ballad player. She also does a lot of production work and arranging. If you need a music related cancer survivor story to boost your spirits, check out Carol's story. Very hopeful.
JeffBone44

Post by JeffBone44 »

Wow, I did not know that about Carol. I will definitely read more about her.
AndrewMeronek

Post by AndrewMeronek »

hyperbolica wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:23 am Carol came to an event I attended before pandemic. Her story is kind of amazing. Not necessarily from a musically technical perspective, but definitely from her health struggles. It was so extreme her blood type changed, which I find staggering. She's a talented trombonist. Maybe not super technical like Bill Watrous, but a very expressive and elegant ballad player. She also does a lot of production work and arranging. If you need a music related cancer survivor story to boost your spirits, check out Carol's story. Very hopeful.
Geez, I have admired her playing for her great melodic stuff. I didn't know she had health issues. :eek:
“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk
hwlentz

Post by hwlentz »

The best ‘sit-down’ I’ve heard on Carol’s story was an interview podcast by Dame Evelyn Glennie. Well worth a search and listen if you do podcasts.

Return to “Performance”