S.E. Shires

bellagarey24

S.E. Shires

Post by bellagarey24 »

Anyone that has ordered a trombone, how long does it typically take for you to get the trombone once you have ordered it.
Blabberbucket

Re: S.E. Shires

Post by Blabberbucket »

Contact the company - they'll be able to give you a reasonably accurate turnaround time. It depends on what you're ordering, too.
David Paul - Brass Repair/Manufacture
ZacharyThornton

Post by ZacharyThornton »

Ask Shires.
I did get an email from the local Eastman rep who quoted Summer of 2024 for any new Custom Shires trumpets or trombones. That was sent out a few weeks ago.
BassBoneFL

Post by BassBoneFL »

A former HS student of mine just received the trombone she ordered on a factory visit late last summer. From order to delivery it took about 6mos. --- However, in Shires defense, they were put a bit behind due to supply issues of raw brass. And when they did finally get a shipment, it was not up to their quality standards and had to send it back. (BTW, she's had the horn about a month now and LOVES it)
Harold Van Schaik
Bass Trombone
The Florida Orchestra
S.E. Shires Artist
ZacharyThornton

Post by ZacharyThornton »

Oh yeah I don’t mean anything negative! Other brands are in worse shape! And better to wait to get a great product than get something rushed out poorly made. They are doing it right and giving people realistic ETAs to get their fine products.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Check in with Doug Bert at Brass Exchange, I think l recall him saying something like a 12-15 month wait on new horns.

Return to “Instruments”