High Profile Trombones

psybersonic

High Profile Trombones

Post by psybersonic »

Coronation at WestminsterAbbey
LeTromboniste

Re: High Profile Trombones

Post by LeTromboniste »

That's Adam Woolf, Miguel Tantos Sevillano and James Buckle.
Maximilien Brisson
www.maximilienbrisson.com
Lecturer for baroque trombone,
Hfk Bremen/University of the Arts Bremen
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

Sounds great!! I have a version of that piece for 4 bass trombones I've played a bunch of times... never heard the real thing!
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

I recorded this and other Bruckner in Rochester NY with the Roberts Wesleyan Chorale and 2 cats from Eastman in probably 1998 on Albany records. Incredible musical experience. Bruckner remains one of my favorites.

Any excuse for great music.
psybersonic

Post by psybersonic »

Apparently they borrowed the German trombones for authenticity.
It was part of the warm up for the arrival of the King at 11:00am but by that time most of the 2,000 or so guests were in place, and TV's were tuned in to watch the celebs turn up so it was Bruckner's biggest ever audience .
blast

Post by blast »

What a great performance! I recorded that piece way back in 1980. Just used our everyday trombones as we were not aware of what we were playing and didn't even know who was in the trombone group. I think that recording is still available!
Yesterday's performance was sublime and should be made available far and wide. Bravo all.
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

That's a great rendition! Nothing better than a great choir supported with stellar trombone playing. And if you can "go for it" without holding back, it's great fun!
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
LeTromboniste

Post by LeTromboniste »

psybersonic wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:23 am Apparently they borrowed the German trombones for authenticity.
It was part of the warm up for the arrival of the King at 11:00am but by that time most of the 2,000 or so guests were in place, and TV's were tuned in to watch the celebs turn up so it was Bruckner's biggest ever audience .
It's John Elliot Gardiner's Monteverdi Choir and Orchestras (Monteverdi Choir, English Baroque Soloists and Orchestre Révolutionaire et Romantique), they're a big institution in the historically-informed performance movement. They always play on period instruments.
Maximilien Brisson
www.maximilienbrisson.com
Lecturer for baroque trombone,
Hfk Bremen/University of the Arts Bremen
Kbiggs

Post by Kbiggs »

That was really cool! Great composer, piece, conductor, choir, and band!
Kenneth Biggs
I have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.
—Mark Twain (attributed)
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

LeTromboniste wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:57 am It's John Elliot Gardiner's Monteverdi Choir and Orchestras (Monteverdi Choir, English Baroque Soloists and Orchestre Révolutionaire et Romantique); they're a big institution in the historically-informed performance movement. They always play on period instruments.
This is a superb ensemble. :good: If you get a chance to attend a live performance, don't miss it!

Return to “Performance”