Protec Pro Pac Contoured new outer pocket design

papaslides

Protec Pro Pac Contoured new outer pocket design

Post by papaslides »

I got a new Pro Pac contoured trombone case today and am bummed. The new design is just not as good as the old one.

The lack of a block above the mouthpiece compartment makes me worry about what happens when the velcro starts to fail (inevitable), and worst of all, the new outer pocket is a few inches shorter than the old version, and can no longer fit a K&M stand. The worlds most perfect case (for me) is now just kind of ok... there are cleaner, lighter, and more protective cases that can't pack your stand... and then there's Marcus Bona... but I already spent all my spare money on the new horn...

Protec, you were my favorite for nearly a decade, and now I must soldier on looking for a new best case... and all because of 2 inches...
JLivi

Re: Protec Pro Pac Contoured new outer pocket design

Post by JLivi »

This may sound silly, as I probably look ridiculous doing it, but I don't collapse my stand and put it in the outer pocket and just have the stem stick out of the outer pocket. Not great for traveling, but getting to and from teaching and gigs it works out fine.
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)
tbonesullivan

Re: Protec Pro Pac Contoured new outer pocket design

Post by tbonesullivan »

Hmm, anywhere I can see a picture of this case? Last I checked the Pro Pac trombone cases had a zipper secured mouthpiece pouch.
David S. - daveyboy37 from TTF
Bach 39, LT36B, 42BOF & 42T, King 2103 / 3b, Kanstul 1570CR & 1588CR, Yamaha YBL-612 RII, YBL-822G & YBL-830, B&H Eb Tuba, Sterling 1056GHS Euphonium,
Livingston Symphony Orchestra NJ - Trombone

Return to “Accessories”