MORE free for the taking ...

musicofnote

MORE free for the taking ...

Post by musicofnote »

One of my favorite sets of exercises are the Bordogni Etudes as arranged by Chester Roberts for Tuba/Bass Trombone. These are basically a selection of the Rochut/Bordogni etudes, but transposed an octave down. They're great for bass trombone as they stand, but then in order to work on my double-paddle and pedal register, I play them another octave lower.

This got me to thinking (often dangerous).

The one set of Concone Etudes I'd already posted fit well for tenor. So I then transposed them down another octave and they're now also great for lower bass trombone lower register, going down as far as pedal f/f-sharp. So now as a real workout (that's also fun), I play one etude in the lower register and then the same in the upper register. So as it says on the link, one set (with piano accompaniment) is for tenor trombone and the next is for bass trombone. And the idea when I'm playing the lower version is to try and keep the light, breezy feeling downstairs as I do, when playing them upstairs.

https://5d832781b3df5.site123.me/free-trombone-music

So at the link above, you can find to download for free:
1) Vincent Cichowicz Air Flow exercises as given to me by Edward Tarr, rewritten for trombone and extended in range.

2) Giuseppe Concone's 25 Leçons de chant, Op.10 For Low Voice in two versions:
a) for tenor trombone.
b) NEW - for bass trombone, an octave lower, so mucking around in the double paddle and pedal registers.

3) Selected etudes from Charlier's 36 Etudes Transcendantes, transcribed for trombone.

4) Carl Maria von Weber (but probably not from him) Romance, adapted to be better available for bass trombone.

5) Max Bruch's Kol Nidrei, Op. 47. the Keith Brown edition, adapted for bass trombone from his version and the cello version.
Mostly:
Yamaha Xeno 822G with a Greg Black 1 3/8 medium or Wedge 110G Gen 2 (.300" throat)

Very seldom:
Rath R400 with a Wedge 4G

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it."
johntarr

Re: MORE free for the taking ...

Post by johntarr »

Thanks Buzz!

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”