free for the taking

musicofnote

free for the taking

Post by musicofnote »

Hello!

Not everyone has everything. I decided to make available to anyone who wants them a couple of things:
1) from my trumpet playing days, now adapted for (bass) trombone, Air Flow exercises, given to those who studied trumpet with him in the 1970's by Edward H. Tarr. He said, these are his copy of Vincent Cichowicz's warm-ups. He had them on one hand-written sheet, explained what they're good for and how to do them, then we'd do them. I expanded them to cover the lower regions of bass trombone. I do these every day. Take about 10 minutes and I feel really well set up for "working".

2) a selection of etudes from Selected etudes from Charlier's 36 Etudes Transcendantes. I had a love/hate relationship with these as a trumpet player. Now on bass trombone, after adapting them, I find these to be at least entertaining.

3) Giuseppe Concone's 25 Leçons de chant, Op.10 For Low Voice - Also from my trumpet days, I played them as required, but actually liked the similar but more challenging lyrical pieces by Bordogni better. But now I find these pretty charming on bass trombone. Since I got these on IMSLP, I also included the piano part found there.

4) Max Bruch's Kol Nidrei, Op. 47, arr. Keith Brown - I first encountered this played on YouTube by Jacqueline Du Pré, and fell in love with the piece. Keith Brown did a version for tenor trombone and piano. I looked at the original cello part and Mr. Brown's tenor part and adapted them for bass trombone. You'll have to get your own string parts or piano part, this is just the bass trombone part.

Freely downloadable here: https://5d832781b3df5.site123.me/free-trombone-music

Enjoy!
Last edited by musicofnote on Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly:
Yamaha Xeno 822G with a Greg Black 1 3/8 medium or Wedge 110G Gen 2 (.300" throat)

Very seldom:
Rath R400 with a Wedge 4G

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it."
GabrielRice

Re: free for the taking

Post by GabrielRice »

Thank you! These are great!
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

Cool! Thanks!
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
Bonearzt

Post by Bonearzt »

Very cool!!!

Thank you!!
Eric Edwards
Professional Instrument Repair

"If you must choose between two evils, choose the one you haven't tried yet."
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles
bitbckt

Post by bitbckt »

Thanks! :good:
Kbiggs

Post by Kbiggs »

Thank you!
Kenneth Biggs
I have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.
—Mark Twain (attributed)
musicofnote

Post by musicofnote »

I was looking through a stack of old sheet music and came across my copy of Marc Reift's edition of Carl Maria von Weber's Romance. I last did this on tenor in 1996 for my diploma exam (at the ripe old age of 44). I remember how I didn't have much problem back then with the high c, but did with the lower register. Now, on bass trombone, I've got a good usable high b-flat, but my high c is a 50/50 proposition. Which also holds me back from playing the Pergolesi Sinfonia in F. So I went onto IMSLP and found a 1930's Russian edition for Trombone/Cello/Bassoon and Piano of the piece von Weber (also says, that it's attributed to von Weber, but probably not originally from him - link to the academic paper claiming this: https://ir.ua.edu/handle/123456789/1978). The solo parts is often very difficult to read but does have alternate passages in various parts of the solo part, so ... I wrote out an appropriate version for me on bass trombone, with no high c. And while I was at it, I did some editing concerning musical aspects, which you can accept or ignore, as you wish. Enjoy.
Mostly:
Yamaha Xeno 822G with a Greg Black 1 3/8 medium or Wedge 110G Gen 2 (.300" throat)

Very seldom:
Rath R400 with a Wedge 4G

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it."

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”