Conn 62h with greenhoe valve section

Sickly04

Conn 62h with greenhoe valve section

Post by Sickly04 »

I was recently looking on the baltimore brass website, and came across a Conn 62h bass trombone with a greenhoe valve section, and I was wanting an opinion on the price (if it's worth it) and also if it's practical instrument to use, let me know if anyone's got any wisdom on this

(Link): https://www.baltimorebrasscompany.com/p ... s-trombone
Matt K
Verified

Re: Conn 62h with greenhoe valve section

Post by Matt K »

I played a bunch of their horns at ATW this year and I want to say I played this Greenhoe bass but there were so many things there I might not have played this specific one. The Greenhoe bass I played was really nice though.

4.5k for one of these is a pretty reasonable price, imo. And if you like the Conn style basses, this one is going to be hard to beat, short of finding an Elkhart in good condition.
hornbuilder

Post by hornbuilder »

The horn in question was made in the Jackson shop, more than 10 years ago, as part of the "Conn Project". Parts for the bell section were purchased from Conn, then the section was assembled and finished in Jackson, then sold back to C-S. They were then paired with a Conn factory slide and case, and sold through C-S dealers. They were pretty decent horns, and less expensive than a full custom build, but offered no optional upgrades. See if you can play it, to determine if it suits you.
Matthew Walker
Owner/Craftsman, M&W Custom Trombones, LLC, Jackson, Wisconsin.
Former Bass Trombonist, Opera Australia, 1991-2006
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

I owned one like that. It was pretty good, I have played better Greenhoes though (including my friend's custom)
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
HawaiiTromboneGuy

Post by HawaiiTromboneGuy »

Doug Bert has a nice looking Abilene available as an alternative.

https://www.thebrass-exchange.com/conte ... model-nice
Drew A.
Professional bum.

Return to “Instruments”