Bass Trombone Part to Lion King the Musical

danpendley

Bass Trombone Part to Lion King the Musical

Post by danpendley »

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the Lion Musical bass trombone/tuba book in PDF?

If you do and would be willing to email it to me at [email protected], I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!
Dan
EriKon

Re: Bass Trombone Part to Lion King the Musical

Post by EriKon »

It's a killer book. Fun, but also pretty hard one. I have it but I'm not allowed to forward it. Hopefully someone else can help with that.
WGWTR180

Post by WGWTR180 »

Bass trombone and tuba!! Tuba double NOT a gift double. Must be able to play both instruments well. I’ll check around for a part.
Jimprindle

Post by Jimprindle »

I have played that several times in road shows. I would say that you need to have a double CC not a B-flat. The Bass Trombone part is fairly demanding but fun to play. Tuba parts are not hard. No trumpets🙏🏻. Flutes and percussion are amazing.
bassclef

Post by bassclef »

Jimprindle wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:12 pm I would say that you need to have a double CC not a B-flat.
The last time that show came through Cleveland, the contractor actually required a CC tuba.
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

Our Bass Trombonist here used an E Flat (a large bell/bore version - copy of the Fletcher style Boosey) tuba. The conductor was very happy with his playing, and the notorious pedal C's in the part are a pedal on the E Flat as it is on the C. The problem on a B Flat tuba is that the note is played through a bunch of valves (how many depends on the particular horn). It is really stuffy, and especially difficult for someone who doesn't play tuba regularly. On a C, it would be the equivalent of a pedal B Flat for a B Flat instrument, while on the E Flat, it's like a pedal G (1st & 2nd valves).

Jim Scott
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

The Eb is much easier to play the pedal stuff on. Wish I had used one the times I’ve played this show.

Fridge

Return to “Performance”