Breslmair Specs?

BigBadandBass

Breslmair Specs?

Post by BigBadandBass »

Hi all, I’ve recently started playing a Breslmair 112-6 and cannot make heads or tails of the specs. According to their site and info it seems to be a bass piece with a backbore of 7mm or roughly .2755 inches. Which seems quite small and they also seem to measure the cup depth 3mm into the mouthpiece? The piece to my face though seems to be bigger than it’s 28.396 rim describes, looking and feeling bigger than both my Markey 87 and Laskey 85MD I’m just generally confused by their whole system, I can include the links below and it may be bad german-English translation but I just can’t make heads or tails of it.

I like the piece but would love someone else’s opinion or explanation on how they do things, thanks!

https://breslmair.com/wp-content/upload ... %88cke.pdf

https://breslmair.com/en/blog/2020/05/1 ... undstueck/
el2002

Re: Breslmair Specs?

Post by el2002 »

Not sure, but how is the mouthpiece?
BigBadandBass

Post by BigBadandBass »

el2002 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:41 pm Not sure, but how is the mouthpiece?
Wanted to wait a bit before I gave my thoughts. But personally best mouthpiece I’ve played, plays like a Laskey 85 or Griego-Markey but is incredibly light, easily the lightest weight mouthpiece I’ve ever played but doesn’t break up at loud volumes like lightweight pieces such as the Brassark CV line tend to. Right around that DE LB112-4 size, pretty sure they measure rim size different than US makers because it feels bigger and looks bigger than advertised
el2002

Post by el2002 »

BigBadandBass wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:40 am
el2002 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:41 pm Not sure, but how is the mouthpiece?
Wanted to wait a bit before I gave my thoughts. But personally best mouthpiece I’ve played, plays like a Laskey 85 or Griego-Markey but is incredibly light, easily the lightest weight mouthpiece I’ve ever played but doesn’t break up at loud volumes like lightweight pieces such as the Brassark CV line tend to. Right around that DE LB112-4 size, pretty sure they measure rim size different than US makers because it feels bigger and looks bigger than advertised
Interesting! I play a Markey 87 so I take a look into the Breslmair
BigBadandBass

Post by BigBadandBass »

It’s really light, I’m not gonna say it’s just a better piece, it’s better for me and before playing it the comment I got on the markey was that is was right for me, this one is just more right. FYI, they take quite a bit of time to order, mine took about a month to arrive stateside. If you have the money and time its worth a shot

Return to “Mouthpieces”