Swamped this week, looking into issues!

Important Trombone Chat information starts here.
Matt K
Verified

Swamped this week, looking into issues!

Post by Matt K »

Hey everyone,

Someone contacted me a few days ago about an issue with some messages not going through. I've been traveling for a few weeks on business and just got back this weekend, have a ton of stuff on my plate but I'll be looking into it as soon as I have a spare minute. Apologies if anyone has been trying to get in touch with me for anything.

-Matt
JKno

Re: Swamped this week, looking into issues!

Post by JKno »

Thanks for all you do, Matt!
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

I think I fixed this issue this morning. There seems to have been an issue with the queue in the database which doing a resync with the software fixed (as best I can tell).

There is a related issue that is going to be tricky/impossible to fix that is on cellular connections, it seems that there is sufficient latency that sometimes the software tries a little too hard to make sure something gets posted and then ends up posting twice. I'm going to do an upgrade to see if that issue has been addressed (we're several minor versions behind and looking through the release notes, it's possible an enhancement has been incidentally made in their improvements to PHP 8). I'll post about that separately.
LuvTD2b

Post by LuvTD2b »

Matt....i haven't signed in for a while and I cant access any pix or have search ability nor even am I able to update my user profile to update my e-mail to a new one. I truly have been trying to do without bothering you, understanding how busy you are but cannot seem to fix it. Can you help? My email is [email protected] .
Thanks for any help.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

That's quite unusual. Let me get back to you later today.

-Matt
LuvTD2b

Post by LuvTD2b »

Thanks Matt, for looking into it for me.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

LuvTD2b wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:16 pm Thanks Matt, for looking into it for me.
Sorry, couple weeks have been super busy. I just fixed the issue for you. Somehow, you ended up on our spam list and as a registered user. I think you must have made several posts in a row before getting it approved by a moderator because I don't see any of the words on your posts in the trigger list that I have. Unfortunately, I seem to have inadvertently deleted your most recent post, but fortunately it was an updated request for assistance so I dont' think there's anything of value lost there. I'll send you an email in a sec to make sure that you get the memo.
Trav1s

Post by Trav1s »

Thanks for all the support work Matt
Travis B.
Trombone player since 1986 and Conn-vert since 2006
1961 24H - LT101/C+/D2
1969 79H - LT102/D/D4
1972 80H - Unicorn
Benge 165F LT102/F+/G8
LuvTD2b

Post by LuvTD2b »

Matt K wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:54 am
LuvTD2b wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:16 pm Thanks Matt, for looking into it for me.
Sorry, couple weeks have been super busy. I just fixed the issue for you. Somehow, you ended up on our spam list and as a registered user. I think you must have made several posts in a row before getting it approved by a moderator because I don't see any of the words on your posts in the trigger list that I have. Unfortunately, I seem to have inadvertently deleted your most recent post, but fortunately it was an updated request for assistance so I dont' think there's anything of value lost there. I'll send you an email in a sec to make sure that you get the memo.
Thanks Matt, much appreciated. :good:
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

:good:

Return to “News & Announcements”