Underrated/unknown/forgotten trombone recordings

Discuss the people that make the music here.
Trombo

Re: Underrated/unknown/forgotten trombone recordings

Post by Trombo »

I think this recording classified as unknown, as are the two Austrian trombonists who recorded it. I enjoyed listening to them.

Trombo

Post by Trombo »

Here are two unknown Hungarian jazz trombonists and one underrated American:

bwgunia

Post by bwgunia »

Buster Cooper and Thurman Green

Nolankberk

Post by Nolankberk »

Any of the bootleg Carl Fontana recordings from "jazzytbn" or something similar to that on youtube
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

Trombo wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:54 pm I think this recording classified as unknown, as are the two Austrian trombonists who recorded it. I enjoyed listening to them.

This piece is amazing. I first heard it on Naxos, with the correct Horn / Alto Trombone combination, and I could not believe how well the trills were aligned. I think I listened to it while I was at my wife's swim meet, as the full serenade version, along with Leopold Mozart's Serenade that we get his "concerto" from. I just got to watch competitive swimming to this amazing sound track.

These two guys in your video really do well. They have huge sounds on those altos! I think they were going for that French horn sound.

I have been seeking the original score or even a new publication of this piece for so long. I can't seem to find it. Maybe Maximilien has published his version.

Return to “Musicians”