It finally happened

Spin your yarns here.
Bach5G

It finally happened

Post by Bach5G »

I arrived at rehearsal with my .525 with my small shank mouthpieces and my large shank leadpipe. I was basically out the door and headed home when one of the other trombonists arrived and said he had an adapter with him.

Fortunately it was not a large mpc/small leadpipe situation.
Matt K
Verified

Re: It finally happened

Post by Matt K »

I have enough shanks that I can keep a small shank and large shank with every mouthpiece carrier I have so that if this happens, I can always play. Although the net result might not be optimal...
Bach5G

Post by Bach5G »

I usually have a couple of spare mpcs with me, and maybe one in the glove compartment but not today.
Last edited by Bach5G on Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrassSection

Post by BrassSection »

My trombone case will not hold my normal mouthpiece in the mouthpiece compartment, or even in the main section due to keeping it in a protective pouch. I keep it in my spacious trumpet case, along with my tuba mouthpiece, spare euph mouthpiece, a spare French horn mouthpiece, and my cornet mouthpiece. Usually my trumpet is with me with the other horns, but someday…At least if I ever take the bone without the trumpet the King mouthpiece is in my trombone case, it works, but it’s not my favorite. Sorta like forsaking my F150 for a Yugo.
imsevimse

Post by imsevimse »

That I haven't done, but I have arrived to a gig without a mouthpiece and was saved by one of the other players who had an extra Bach 6 1/2 AL on loan from a music shop, since then I always carry an extra mouthpiece in my bag incase I need to help another player in the same situation.

/Tom
BurckhardtS

Post by BurckhardtS »

When I was in college, I drove to the next town over to sub in a regional orchestra concert. No mouthpiece in sight. Bass trombone player had an extra 1 1/2 G, and I was stuck playing principal on that.

Been there before!!
Shires - 7YM, TX, Axial, TW47 - Greg Black NY 1
YSL354 - XT LN106, C+, D3
JeffBone44

Post by JeffBone44 »

I once forgot my mouthpiece. I was playing 3rd trombone in a big band. Only spare mouthpiece anybody had was a Bach 17C. Anything below middle F on the staff sounded horrible.
BrassSection

Post by BrassSection »

Follow up to spacious trumpet case. Decided to clean it out today, in addition to aforementioned mouthpieces, found a funky old Olds trumpet mouthpiece and a second spare euph mouthpiece, there are 3 trumpet mutes, a set of drum sticks for emergency fill-in duty, valve oil and slide lube, cleaning rod and snake, and an old New York Rangers game puck. Guess I’m prepared for most situations. Oh yeah, the original spec sheet and price paid for the horn was lurking in there also.

Return to “Tangents”