Darker fresh post color

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
robcat2075

Darker fresh post color

Post by robcat2075 »

I wish the color for topics that have yet-unread entries was darker, as simulated in the 3rd entry below.
Headings.png

The current light avocado is too close to the light brown background for easy readability.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie
Matt K
Verified

Re: Darker fresh post color

Post by Matt K »

I’m board preferences you can now change the theme to Latte Red, which has a slightly bolder theme than the Latte one. There are also a few other themes that you may wish to try but I think that one’s gives you what you’re after.
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

Also, doesn't that red page on the left side indicate unread posts? And then you can select "unread posts" from the "hamburger" menu, right?
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

I tried changing it to latte red and it stopped working on Android, Google Chrome.
FakeRobcat2075

Post by FakeRobcat2075 »

Matt K wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:52 pm I’m board preferences you can now change the theme to Latte Red, which has a slightly bolder theme than the Latte one. There are also a few other themes that you may wish to try but I think that one’s gives you what you’re after.
Was that a joke?

I'm locked out now. All I get are blank pages and I had to make the new fake account to even post this.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

FakeRobcat2075 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:36 pm
Matt K wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:52 pm I’m board preferences you can now change the theme to Latte Red, which has a slightly bolder theme than the Latte one. There are also a few other themes that you may wish to try but I think that one’s gives you what you’re after.
Was that a joke?

I'm locked out now. All I get are blank pages and I had to make the new fake account to even post this.
Uhoh I tested last night and it worked. I’m going to disable and investigate
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Ok it’s disabled. You might have to option to read but I suggest not doing that until I can confirm what the issue is
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

It's back to working (& I verified it on my primary machine, there seems to have been some assets cached on my mobile browser that was causing it to work for me).

The logo at the top should say "Trombonechat" and have our logo and not phpBB with a coffee cup next to it... I've switched the assets out but it's still showing up on my machine as the cached asset.. if that persists in a few hours let me know and I'll see if I can force it to update.

It isn't bold, which would be tricky to do, but because it isn't the green color it has much higher contrast so it should be easier to see:
Screenshot from 2022-12-23 07-29-03.png
You may want to try out the "flat style", which has much greater contrast had shows things by highlighting the entire column. The default looks like the below image, but there are several different color palettes to choose from.
Screenshot from 2022-12-23 07-30-54.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”