[Aug 14] Obamacare deadline

All about making money.
robcat2075

[Aug 14] Obamacare deadline

Post by robcat2075 »

If you have an "Obamacare" marketplace health insurance policy (thanks, Obama!), the subsidies for lower incomes were increased in the recent economic stimulus act (thanks, Biden!).

To get the increased subsidy you need to re-do your policy selection at Healthcare.gov.

Basically, you log in, click on your 2021 application, claim a "life change event" (like "income change", no explanations needed), and then re-confirm all the answers you made before. When you get to the end, your current policy will be shown with the new lower price, which you will choose to accept.

Mine was about $100 lower!

But you have to do this by today, May 31 to get the new price in June.

If you don't read this until after May 31 you can still do this maneuver in June... to get the new price in July.

If you have a marketplace policy you probably already got an email explaining this, but... who reads emails?
Last edited by robcat2075 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie
ExZacLee

Re: [June 30] Obamacare deadline

Post by ExZacLee »

Dude thanks for this, I just read about the may deadline a couple of days ago. My wife's plan is a marketplace plan that only covers emergencies, and we have a baby on the way. Mayhap...
robcat2075

Re: [June 30] Obamacare deadline

Post by robcat2075 »

I heard on NPR this morning that there are still two weeks in this special pandemic window and ... some new free(?) options have been added for people who have been on unemployment this year.

I didn't catch all the details, I was painting the house while I was listening, but if you need something like this... you'll want to start looking into it.
>>Robert Holmén<<

See my Spacepod movie
BGuttman

Re: [Aug 14] Obamacare deadline

Post by BGuttman »

The main free one is still Medicaid (provided you meet the income limits). The free regular insurance policies have very high deductibles ($6000).
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
robcat2075

Re: [Aug 14] Obamacare deadline

Post by robcat2075 »

BGuttman wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:50 am The main free one is still Medicaid (provided you meet the income limits). The free regular insurance policies have very high deductibles ($6000).
Yes, the main free one is Medicaid. Yes, the free regular ones are "Bronze".

But with the new pandemic subsidies the Silver plans are much cheaper... and, since July, there is more to it than that.

Here is the story i heard...

Thirteen Million People In The U.S. Have Two Weeks To Apply For Free Health Insurance
>>Robert Holmén<<

See my Spacepod movie

Return to “Music Business”