notes from the 1920s in the NYT

Spin your yarns here.
robcat2075

notes from the 1920s in the NYT

Post by robcat2075 »

Items found while finding something else...

Re-shoeing Schumann...
NYT_Schumann.jpg
That sounds like quite an overhaul.

Strouble for Stravinsky.
NYT_PhilRite.jpg
I recall one of my college lecturers claiming Stravinsky paid for these disruptions. :D

Time was when people actually raced to hear new music...
NYT_ParisCritics.jpg
I suppose there was a lot of forgotten music over the dam in those concerts but it would have been cool to be there to hear it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie
sf105

Re: notes from the 1920s in the NYT

Post by sf105 »

I once saw a couple leaving a performance of the Rite by the NY Phil in the 1980's (!) But maybe they didn't like Mehta's conducting...

Also sat next to someone who left a controversial production of Guilliermo Tell at Covent Garden half-way through the overture. At that point, just give the ticket to a student.
Doubler

Post by Doubler »

One man's music is another man's ear pollution.
Current instruments:
Olds Studio trombone, 3 trumpets, 1 flugelhorn, 1 cornet, 1 shofar, 1 keyboard

Previous trombones:
Selmer Bundy, Marceau
robcat2075

Post by robcat2075 »

This policy pays "$1000 a week" for the loss of a finger. Until it grows back, I guess.
Harpo.jpg

sf105 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:52 am I once saw a couple leaving a performance of the Rite by the NY Phil in the 1980's (!) But maybe they didn't like Mehta's conducting...
When I see someone leaving a classical concert early I usually think... bladder trouble!

But I recall a Dallas Symphony concert that had a newly commissioned work on the first half and overhearing an elderly woman a row in front of me saying to her friend, "If the second half isn't any better, you can find me... AT THE BAR!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

Better than the current state of affairs. What's new now is... Already tired and old more often than not...

Return to “Tangents”