New alto from SONAS

heinzgries

New alto from SONAS

Post by heinzgries »

485/5000
📌 A high trombone, which is intended for orchestral and solo repertoire.
📌 The trombone is configured with a removable bell that is independent of the body.
📌 Acoustic isolation intervenes in the coupling system, which isolates the vibrations from the bell to the body to the body, thus achieving more harmonious wealth in the entire area of the registration of the instrument.
📌 The inner drill of the slide is 12.5 mm.
pedrombon

Re: New alto from SONAS

Post by pedrombon »

It's my new alto! :wink:

Sonas Artist
Granada Brass
Orquesta Ciudad de Almería
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

pedrombon wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:11 pm It's my new alto! :wink:
Gorgeous. Congratulations! :good:
davebb

Post by davebb »

I'm interested in the "camouflaged insurance system"
I could use one for my high register.
pedrombon

Post by pedrombon »

davebb wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:01 am I'm interested in the "camouflaged insurance system"
I could use one for my high register.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ... Obviously, Google Translate doesn't work well sometimes...
Sonas Artist
Granada Brass
pedrombon

Post by pedrombon »

I've received some questions about the new Sonas alto trombone, so I think it would be interesting to answer here.

Specs:

Handslide: .491" bore, yellow brass outers with nickel oversleeves and end crook, chrome plated nickel silver inners. The nickel handgrip has removable cork barrels, which is very useful to replace damaged or worn rubber/felt bumpers. Hidden slide lock. The slide width is slightly wider than most of alto trombones, making it very comfortable and more "familiar". The slide action is simply amazing.

Bell section: Detachable 6" lightweight yellow brass bell with 1" nickel krantz (garland), yellow brass single radius tuning slide with thin brace. This small bell matches very well with the wider slide, achieving a great projection and a rich alto sound.

To be honest, at first the bell size worried me a bit, until I played Mozart's Requiem a few months ago with a belgian orchestra, where the 2nd was playing a Bach 42 and the bass player an Edwards with .562"/.578" slide. It was amazing to feel that my sound blending perfectly with the trombone section, orchestra, soloists and choir...

The horn is very well balanced and is very comfortable to hold. And... it has a true 7th position!

Pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sonas Artist
Granada Brass

Return to “Instruments”