Conn 6h Mouthpiece

Landok

Conn 6h Mouthpiece

Post by Landok »

Does anyone know which mouthpiece was supplied originally with the conn 6H?
Fruitysloth

Re: Conn 6h Mouthpiece

Post by Fruitysloth »

To the best of my knowledge, it came with a Conn 3 mouthpiece? That's at least what my friend and I both got when we purchased ours, but we did so secondhand.
Trombone Forum User "Jhungate96"
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Pretty sure it was a Conn 3 although some may have come with a small shank Remington (Connstellations came that way).
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
JohntheTheologian

Post by JohntheTheologian »

It was indeed a Conn 3. I bought a new Conn 6H in 1960 as a boy-- I had no idea how good a horn it really was and unfortunately I was very rough on it as most 10 year olds tend to be on trombones.

A Conn 3 was what it came with. My teacher told me it was not a good mp and put me on a Bach 12C. I just went along, of course, with what my teacher said.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

JohntheTheologian wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:19 am My teacher told me it was not a good mp and put me on a Bach 12C. I just went along, of course, with what my teacher said.
I think the Conn 3 is quite an acceptable mouthpiece – larger cup and throat than a Bach 12C. I find it easier to play than the restrictive but ubiquitous 12C. (Anyone want to buy my 12C?)
JohntheTheologian

Post by JohntheTheologian »

I stayed with the 12C for a while, even when I changed to a Conn 48H. Eventually I moved to a Bach 7C and then a 6 1/2AL. Neither was especially good for me.

I finally settled on a Marcinckiewicz 8H which is a very good mp for a small bore Conn in my experience. I think I'm actually back closer to the original Conn 3.
SimmonsTrombone

Post by SimmonsTrombone »

Does anyone know when they switched between vertical and horizontal engraving on the Conn 3.

Return to “Mouthpieces”