Selling on Reverb?

All about making money.
doctortrombone

Selling on Reverb?

Post by doctortrombone »

Anyone have experience with selling trombones and such on Reverb? I'm getting tired of Ebay's gouging, but I'm concerned that Reverb doesn't offer seller protections in the way that Ebay.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...used to.

Any feedback on this?
JLivi

Re: Selling on Reverb?

Post by JLivi »

I've bought plenty of gear on reverb and haven't had any issues. Also, no issues with the 2-3 items I sold too. I'm not really sure how many people use Reverb vs eBay. I don't know many people in the Chicago area that are hip to Reverb, and it's a local company!

If you're looking to sell trombone stuff online I've had a lot of luck in the forum and Facebook trombone marketplace. My thought when selling horns, is that it's always good to diversify. Post everywhere and adjust the price according to the fees taken out.

I can't believe how big of a cut eBay takes. It's ridiculous!
King 2b+
King 3b
King 3b(f)
Conn 79h
Kanstul 1585
Olds O-21 Marching Trombone (Flugabone)
mwpfoot

Post by mwpfoot »

I've had good buying experiences. It's all been straightforward music shop and musician-to-musician transactions.

I also had a reasonably priced cymbal sit there for weeks at a going eBay price so I have to wonder about the numbers.

:good:
Schlitz

Post by Schlitz »

Last edited by Schlitz on Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrdeacon

Post by mrdeacon »

JLivi wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:10 am If you're looking to sell trombone stuff online I've had a lot of luck in the forum and Facebook trombone marketplace. My thought when selling horns, is that it's always good to diversify. Post everywhere and adjust the price according to the fees taken out.
I've also had a ton of luck with facebook. The original tromboneforums by far was the best place to sell but once we all moved here I think a lot of cats moved to facebook instead. I still prefer to buy and sell from people here on the forums since I have more trust and history with you guys. I usually offer some sort of discount to forum people!
Rath R1 2000s, Elliott XT
Bach 42 1974, Elliott XT
Holton 169 1965, Elliott LB
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Elliott LB

Return to “Music Business”