Hiring Trombonists for Cruise Ships

Looking for opportunities?
SumanEntertainmentGroup

Hiring Trombonists for Cruise Ships

Post by SumanEntertainmentGroup »

Suman Entertainment Group is currently hiring trombonists for showbands on all major luxury cruise lines.

We are looking for trombonists with strong sight-reading ability, knowledge of commercial, pop, and Top 40s styles, and the ability to improvise. Base pay is between $2200 and $3000 USD per month depending on experience and cruise line. Room, board, and airfare to and from the cruise ship are included. Itineraries include the Caribbean, Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, and Asia. This is a great opportunity to perform every night for hundreds of audience members, travel around the world, and make money. All applicants must be fully vaccinated with a WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccine and the cruise lines are taking many precautions to protect the health and safety of crew and guests.

Interested applicants should send an email to [email protected] with a resume, headshot, and promo video links, or go to sumanent.com and click "APPLY" in the top right corner. Visit sumanent.com for more information.
noordinaryjoe

Re: Hiring Trombonists for Cruise Ships

Post by noordinaryjoe »

Yamaha YBL-612R II
YSL-651
Schiller Heritage Bb/C (YSL-350C clone)
Pirate
cmcslide

Post by cmcslide »

I've played on many cruise ships, and I think that in normal times it is a great opportunity for younger players to make a living playing music and to see the world! Some experienced players will spend a lot of time working on them. Not sure that now is the best time to go out there, but, contrary to what you may think, ships are probably as safe a place as any you can be - everybody on board, passengers and crew, have to be vaccinated and boosted, and they have been working very closely with the CDC and other health agencies to make their ships as safe as they can be.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

cmcslide wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:07 pm ... contrary to what you may think, ships are probably as safe a place as any you can be - everybody on board, passengers and crew, have to be vaccinated and boosted, and they have been working very closely with the CDC and other health agencies to make their ships as safe as they can be.
Uh, ... no thanks! Coronavirus is currently running rampant on cruise ships.

Last week, the CDC warned all travelers, including those who are vaccinated, to avoid cruise ships. The advice came after the agency said the number of cases skyrocketed from 162 in the first two weeks of December to 5,013 between Dec. 15 and 29.
HermanGerman

Post by HermanGerman »

No more trombone players in Malaysia or the Philippines?
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

lmao I don't even go into the grocery store at this point. My risk aversion is obviously not shared by all :lol:
Bach5G

Post by Bach5G »

Entering Year #3 of the pandemic, I’m double vaccinated, boosted and wear a K95.

Making good progress.
CarlVicVogel

Post by CarlVicVogel »

It's a great opportunity for a single person! I know a girl out of college who sang on a cruise ship until Covid hit. She enjoyed it and her parents enjoyed going on the ship to hear her perform.

CarlVicVogel
Bach two 42BO's (silver & lacquer)
Bach LT16M (inspired by Bill Watrous)
Holton TR-181 Bass
King 3B
Yamaha 354 Tenor (early production)
Yamaha 321 Euphonium
Conn Baritone (really friggin' old) :lol:
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

CarlVicVogel wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:42 pm It's a great opportunity for a single person! I know a girl out of college who sang on a cruise ship until Covid hit. She enjoyed it and her parents enjoyed going on the ship to hear her perform.
That was then (pre-Covid). This is now (rampant Covid transmission on cruise ships). :horror:
I'm no longer young and single, but if I were, I'd still pass. :?
Am I too conservative? :idk:
jorymil

Post by jorymil »

Even before the Covid pandemic, there were still occasional outbreaks of gastrointestinal illness, requiring ships to quarantine in port. These days, with the double threat of Covid and the world getting warmer, packing hundreds of people into close quarters and burning hundreds of tons of diesel fuel daily is really out of step with the times. If we don't change our behavior to match the world, the world will end up changing it for us.
HermanGerman

Post by HermanGerman »

jorymil wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:56 pm Even before the Covid pandemic, there were still occasional outbreaks of gastrointestinal illness, requiring ships to quarantine in port. These days, with the double threat of Covid and the world getting warmer, packing hundreds of people into close quarters and burning hundreds of tons of diesel fuel daily is really out of step with the times. If we don't change our behavior to match the world, the world will end up changing it for us.
Thank you very much for this!!

Return to “Gigs, Events, Jobs, & Vacancies”