Pitzen Brass - seeking all former members!

Looking for opportunities?
patrickosmith

Pitzen Brass - seeking all former members!

Post by patrickosmith »

If you are a former Pitzen Brass player, please let me know as soon as possible.

I'm recreating the first concert of the "Pitzen Brass Ensemble" formed in the fall of 1978 at Northwestern University. The ensemble was carried forward a number of years after the success of their first concert in April 1979.

The concert is scheduled for Sunday June 5, 2022 at Mechanics Hall in Worcester, MA. Here's the program:
"Recreation of 1979 Pitzen Brass Concert"
To include:
Handel: The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba
Enrique Crespo: Bruckner Etude
Buonamente: Sonata arr. Robert King (septet)
Susato: Suite arr. John Iveson
Gabrieli:
Canzon Duodecimi Toni
Canzon à 12
Paul Dukas: Fanfare pour précéder La Péri
Brahms: Fest- und Gedenksprüche
Unsere Väter hofften auf dich
Wenn ein starker Gewappneter
Wo ist ein so herrlich Volk
Grieg: Funeral March in Memory of Rikard Nordraak
Byrd: The Earle of Oxford's Marche, arr. Edgar Howarth
Encore
Chris Hazell / John Iveson: KRAKEN
Last edited by patrickosmith on Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheeseTray

Re: Pitzen Brass - seeking all former members!

Post by CheeseTray »

Forgive me, but I'm a bit confused. Are you seeking former members to travel to Worchester and play on this concert? Are you looking for players who were founding members or simply people who were members at any point in the group's existence? Please elaborate, thanks.
patrickosmith

Re: Pitzen Brass - seeking all former members!

Post by patrickosmith »

CheeseTray wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:23 pm Forgive me, but I'm a bit confused. Are you seeking former members to travel to Worcester and play on this concert? Are you looking for players who were founding members or simply people who were members at any point in the group's existence? Please elaborate, thanks.
Yes, I am seeking Pitzen Brass alumni to rehearse and perform in Worcester, MA. I am looking for as many of the original players from the first concert in April of 1979. However, some no longer play or are otherwise unavailable. Therefore, I'm looking for Pitzen Brass alumni from subsequent years to fill the gap.

The original conductor, Mitchell Arnold, will once again conduct this magnificent program with an ensemble of Pitzen Brass alumni.

Open Rehearsal. Thursday June 2, 2022; Northbridge, MA.
Performance. "Afternoon of Brass" Mechanics Hall Sunday June 5, 2022; Worcester, Massachusetts.

Return to “Gigs, Events, Jobs, & Vacancies”