Swing Time Binary Music Club

Looking for opportunities?
Grah

Swing Time Binary Music Club

Post by Grah »

The effects of the virus have been devastating on the chances that we musicians get to play to an audience. Thankfully, here in Queensland Australia, restrictions are now easing somewhat and this coming Sunday, 21st March 2021, the Swing Time Stompers will be playing once more at the Swing Time Binary Music Club. Here is a little promo I did with Karen of Binary Music at a rehearsal we had earlier this week.

I am so grateful to Karen and Len for all of the promotion of music they do in the Redlands, Brisbane. Not to mention the fact that their music shop has been my main source of trombone supplies and music for the last twenty years nearly. And they both play in the Swing Time Stompers - Karen on Piano and Len on Bass. I play trombone, of course!
Grah

(Transcribing jazz solos is fraught with difficulties because exact rhythmic notation is well-nigh impossible. So listen carefully because it's the only way to learn how to play jazz trombone so that we can return to the Golden Age.) 8-)
Grah

Re: Swing Time Binary Music Club

Post by Grah »

I should mention that the Swing Time Binary Music Club is basically a musicians' club. So, you can bring your horn or stringed instrument with you and sit in with one of the bands. Or even do a solo using the club's rhythm section. Booking a playing spot is the best idea because we can then organize the program of appearances. Today's program looks very entertaining because the Swing Time Stompers are the main performers. But we do have a special sit-in spot at the end of the afternoon and the tune is "Hello Dolly!
Grah

(Transcribing jazz solos is fraught with difficulties because exact rhythmic notation is well-nigh impossible. So listen carefully because it's the only way to learn how to play jazz trombone so that we can return to the Golden Age.) 8-)
Grah

Re: Swing Time Binary Music Club

Post by Grah »

It was a great gig with a very enthusiastic audience. Sitting safely apart, of course. This is a regular club on the third Sunday of every month. Like I said, sitters-in are very welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/swingtimemusicclub/
Grah

Return to “Gigs, Events, Jobs, & Vacancies”