SoCal February 5, Mt SAC

Looking for opportunities?
Post Reply
baileyman
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:33 pm

SoCal February 5, Mt SAC

Post by baileyman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:18 am

User avatar
JohnL
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:01 am
Contact:

Re: SoCal February 5, Mt SAC

Post by JohnL » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:18 pm

It was announced at Bones West rehearsal today that SoCal Trombone Day has been postponed; new date TBD.
Thrawn22
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:18 pm

Re: SoCal February 5, Mt SAC

Post by Thrawn22 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:56 pm

Bummer
Elkhart Conn 6H(K), 6H, 48H/5H, 78H, 8Hw/ 2547 slide, '57 8H, 60H, 62H, 71H, 72H, Custom 88H bell
User avatar
JohnL
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:01 am
Contact:

Re: SoCal February 5, Mt SAC

Post by JohnL » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:10 am

It had reached a point where the anti-COVID measures in place at the college made it impractical to hold the event.
User avatar
BGuttman
Posts: 4226
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 am
Location: Cow Hampshire

Re: SoCal February 5, Mt SAC

Post by BGuttman » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:34 am

If South Africa's experience is duplicated here, the Omicron variant wave will peak near the end of the month and we should be out of it by mid March. Maybe it can be rescheduled in the Spring (one hopes).
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
WGWTR180
Posts: 761
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:32 pm

Re: SoCal February 5, Mt SAC

Post by WGWTR180 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:00 am

JohnL wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:10 am
It had reached a point where the anti-COVID measures in place at the college made it impractical to hold the event.
Better off in the long run.
User avatar
JohnL
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:01 am
Contact:

Re: SoCal February 5, Mt SAC

Post by JohnL » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:14 pm

BGuttman wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:34 am
If South Africa's experience is duplicated here, the Omicron variant wave will peak near the end of the month and we should be out of it by mid March. Maybe it can be rescheduled in the Spring (one hopes).
Funny you should say that - that's when it used to take place - mid-April. They moved it to February in hopes of having fewer conflicts with high school festivals and similar events.
WGWTR180 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:00 am
JohnL wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:10 am
It had reached a point where the anti-COVID measures in place at the college made it impractical to hold the event.
Better off in the long run.
Likely yes, in more ways than one. I may have miss-heard, but it sounded like they were saying that there could be master classes, but no one could play during them.
Post Reply

Return to “Gigs, Events, Jobs, & Vacancies”