Bones West

ttf_BassCase

Bones West

Post by ttf_BassCase »

Anyone going to Bones West Tomorrow?  I'm going for the first time.  Matt
ttf_JohnL

Bones West

Post by ttf_JohnL »

Good lord willing and the the creek don't rise...
ttf_baileyman

Bones West

Post by ttf_baileyman »

You'll have a great time.  I go whenever I'm on the wrong coast. 

ttf_Posaunus

Bones West

Post by ttf_Posaunus »

Yes Matt,

There should be quite a few of us at Bones West tomorrow.  Typically 25-40 trombonists gather in Santa Ana each Saturday (9:30am-12:30pm), playing 6-part trombone choir music.  For 2nd & 3rd ("jazz") sets they add a rhythm section (piano, bass, drums). 

You can play any part that you're comfortable with.  1sts (self-selected) are typically pretty good high-range players.  6ths are mostly macho double-trigger bass players.  The rest somewhere in between.  Bring whatever trombone(s) you like, sit wherever you're comfortable, and feel free to move around. 

If you're like me, you'll have a great time, and will want to keep coming back.  (But warning: the southbound traffic to San Diego County can be a little sluggish on Saturday afternoons.   Image )

Se sure to introduce yourself to Bones West Director Len Wicks and Conductor Pete Fournier when you arrive.  Welcome!   
ttf_BassCase

Bones West

Post by ttf_BassCase »

Well, I'll be there.  I'll bring my 6B and the usual gear.  Do I need to bring a stand? 
ttf_Posaunus

Bones West

Post by ttf_Posaunus »

Music stands provided by Local 7.  Bring a trombone stand.  You may not be the only Duo-Gravis! 
ttf_Posaunus

Bones West

Post by ttf_Posaunus »

Music stands provided by Local 7.  Bring a trombone stand.  You may not be the only Duo-Gravis! 

Return to “Performance”