Sheridan Brass Get-A-Grip question

ttf_crazytrombonist505

Post by ttf_crazytrombonist505 »

A few weeks ago, I was paying at a band festival. The bass trombonist there had a Sheridan Brass Get-A-Grip, and so I asked him a few questions about it. Unfortunately, I didn't have my bass trombone (Benge 290) there, so I couldn't try it out on mine. That said, I was looking at a pic of it, and I noticed that it looks to big to fit in the small spot where it would normally go on my horn. So, I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure if this fits/doesn't fit on a Benge 290 bass?

Thanks in advance,
Zach
ttf_Burgerbob

Post by ttf_Burgerbob »

If it is slightly too big (which I could possibly see on a King style slide) you could just bend it to fit.
ttf_crazytrombonist505

Post by ttf_crazytrombonist505 »

Quote from: Burgerbob on Mar 28, 2017, 10:46AMIf it is slightly too big (which I could possibly see on a King style slide) you could just bend it to fit.

Oh... so you can just bend it. Thanks so much for your help!  Image
ttf_afugate

Post by ttf_afugate »

I'm not sure about the benge, but I have a Duo Gravis and it fits well enough on that horn.  (I mention as I believe the two horns are similar in this area.)

--Andy in OKC
ttf_Quiros

Post by ttf_Quiros »

Quote from: crazytrombonist505 on Mar 28, 2017, 03:00PMOh... so you can just bend it. Thanks so much for your help!  Image

All Get-a-Grips start out as a flat piece of metal that must be bent to fit your hand and horn.
ttf_Quiros

Post by ttf_Quiros »

Quote from: crazytrombonist505 on Mar 28, 2017, 03:00PMOh... so you can just bend it. Thanks so much for your help!  Image

All Get-a-Grips start out as a flat piece of metal that must be bent to fit your hand and horn.

Return to “Accessories”