eBay Strategy

ttf_wgwbassbone

eBay Strategy

Post by ttf_wgwbassbone »

Based on using the 7 day auction time frame is there a better day of the week for an auction to end that will get the maximum amount of views? Someone once told me that Tuesday was the "magic" end day but I'm not sure. Anyone have any thoughts?? Thx!
ttf_Gabe Langfur

eBay Strategy

Post by ttf_Gabe Langfur »

I was told Sunday evening.

And that Tuesday was the magic day to buy airline tickets.
ttf_wgwbassbone

eBay Strategy

Quote from: Gabe Langfur on Nov 12, 2017, 07:08AMI was told Sunday evening.

And that Tuesday was the magic day to buy airline tickets.

Thanks Gabe!
ttf_greenbean

eBay Strategy

Post by ttf_greenbean »

I think anytime on the weekend is good. 

And did you know that Tuesday is the worst day as far as commute traffic goes?...
ttf_Matt K

eBay Strategy

Post by ttf_Matt K »

People make the decision when they can be at their computers and determining if the current pric eis reasonably close to their bit. So towards the end of the day on either weekend is probably good.  However, a lot of people using sniping applications and don't upt their bit in until the few seconds.  Thats when most bidding activity occurs.

I've had the most success with "Buy it now" and "Make offer" options both buying and selling. It takes the waiting out of the equation which is nice because you don't have to not put in a bid for something else because you might win it. FOr example, if you're looking for a computer part, you aren't going to bid on 6 different items because you might win all of them and then have 5 extra parts lying around... if you have the 'make offer' option, you can directly negotiate which saves both time and hassle in my experience.

ttf_wgwbassbone

eBay Strategy

Quote from: Matt K on Nov 12, 2017, 08:30AMPeople make the decision when they can be at their computers and determining if the current pric eis reasonably close to their bit. So towards the end of the day on either weekend is probably good.  However, a lot of people using sniping applications and don't upt their bit in until the few seconds.  Thats when most bidding activity occurs.

I've had the most success with "Buy it now" and "Make offer" options both buying and selling. It takes the waiting out of the equation which is nice because you don't have to not put in a bid for something else because you might win it. FOr example, if you're looking for a computer part, you aren't going to bid on 6 different items because you might win all of them and then have 5 extra parts lying around... if you have the 'make offer' option, you can directly negotiate which saves both time and hassle in my experience.

ttf_wgwbassbone

eBay Strategy

Quote from: Matt K on Nov 12, 2017, 08:30AMPeople make the decision when they can be at their computers and determining if the current pric eis reasonably close to their bit. So towards the end of the day on either weekend is probably good.  However, a lot of people using sniping applications and don't upt their bit in until the few seconds.  Thats when most bidding activity occurs.

Return to “Found on the Net”