Who will you vote for?

ttf_alownx

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_alownx »

I'm trying to see if a third party actually stands a chance this time. I believe that votes here are anonymous, please correct me if I'm wrong. Who do you plan on voting for in November assuming Hillary gets the nomination?
ttf_BGuttman

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Even I can't figure out who voted for what (and I'm an Admin).  Your vote is confidential.

Note that there is a Green Party candidate and a Libertarian Candidate.

Right now it appears to be a tie, which corresponds to the polls.
ttf_Russ White

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_Russ White »

I'm currently seeing polls that give Gary Johnson 10%if he is included. Personally, though my convictions line up almost perfectly with the those of the Green Party, I will be voting for HIllary. I do not much like her, but she is still many orders of magnitude preferable to Trump and the Republicans. In our two party system it is going to be a while before any third party candidate has any real shot at the Presidency, and the GOP has, since it's inception, been toxic for the middle class. I will vote green at any level below statewide in the hopes the party can begin to make inroads into the system and build a credible base. But, that's a long way off.
ttf_robcat2075

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

No shortage of 3rd party candidates...

QuoteAs of May 24, 2016, a total of 1,746 candidates had filed a Statement of Candidacy with the Federal Election Commission.[1]
ballotopedia
ttf_badger

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_badger »

Bruce,

Is the  LaRouche movement still about, that was always entertaining ( reminds me a little of Crazy Bernie and his supporters ).

Anyway, I think I’ll write in my cat  ‘Thomas’.  Image

ttf_BGuttman

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Dunno.  Is Larouche still alive?  Has somebody else taken over that party?  Gary Johnson is the Libertarian candidate and he's selected Bill Weld of Massachusetts as his Veep.  Weld was a Moderate Republican governor like Mitt Romney.  Wonder if Romney and the other Anti-Trumps would vote for him?
ttf_Molefsky

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_Molefsky »

Quote from: BGuttman on May 26, 2016, 03:32PMDunno.  Is Larouche still alive?  Has somebody else taken over that party?  Gary Johnson is the Libertarian candidate and he's selected Bill Weld of Massachusetts as his Veep.  Weld was a Moderate Republican governor like Mitt Romney.  Wonder if Romney and the other Anti-Trumps would vote for him?

Romney, last i saw, said he approved of the ticket aside from his opinion that Weld should be running for President with Johnson as VP.
ttf_gregs70

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

I've voted third party a few times in the past when my preferred regular party candidate was a shoo-in to win, using my vote to make a statement.  Nader took some of the dem votes in 2000 and tipped the election, however.  I plan on holding my nose and voting for Hillary instead of Green Party candidate because Trump would be a disaster. 
ttf_Dan Hine

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_Dan Hine »

Quote from: alownx on May 26, 2016, 01:18PMI'm trying to see if a third party actually stands a chance this time.

They would if we would quit asking that question.  Ok, no it isn't quite THAT simple.  But vote for who you think the best candidate is.  That's the only way, IMO, to not waste your vote.  Anything else is willful subjection to being ruled rather than governed.
ttf_Molefsky

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_Molefsky »

Johnson/Weld polling at 12-13% right now. I suspect that the more Trump gets hit over Pence and if we see a Hillary perjury investigation that Johnson/Weld will tip into the green at 15% and we'll see something interesting in the debates.
ttf_B0B

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_B0B »

Quote from: Molefsky on Jul 18, 2016, 11:43AM a Hillary perjury Dear lord, another investigation? For what?
ttf_bubbachet

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_bubbachet »

Jason Chaffetz is beating the drum for an investigation of Hillary's comments during the email investigation to see if she perjured herself.

ttf_BGuttman

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

I wonder how pure as the driven snow Jason Chaffetz is ("let he who is without sin cast the first stone").
ttf_B0B

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_B0B »

Quote from: bubbachet on Jul 18, 2016, 12:50PMJason Chaffetz is beating the drum for an investigation of Hillary's comments during the email investigation to see if she perjured herself.
Oh the sorry sack of...

The GOP controlled congress has launched more investigations into Hillary than they've passed bills that actually became law.

Someone should launch an investigation into them.
ttf_bubbachet

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_bubbachet »

Quote from: BGuttman on Jul 18, 2016, 12:54PMI wonder how pure as the driven snow Jason Chaffetz is ("let he who is without sin cast the first stone").

I believe Jason Chaffetz is actually a sentient pile of athlete's foot fungus.
ttf_Russ White

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_Russ White »

Quote from: bubbachet on Jul 18, 2016, 01:54PMI believe Jason Chaffetz is actually a sentient pile of athlete's foot fungus.

Sentient? THat's awfully generous of you. And, why insult athlete's foot fungus?
ttf_robcat2075

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

Fivethirtyeight.com currently gives Trump about a 1 out of 3 chance of winning in November which is up from a 1 out of 5 chance a few weeks ago.

I imagine that movement is almost entirely because of Hillar-email because I can't detect Trump having done anything different in that time.

Next up... does the convention help or hurt him? Or are conventions pointless now?

Romney got nothing out of the 2012 convention.
ttf_Russ White

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_Russ White »

If day one was any indication, it won't help him much. For me, the high point of the day was Giuliani, at the end of his hyperbolic, detached from reality, frothing at the mouth speech, screaming "Are we CRAZY"?, and the crowd thundering back, "YES, WE ARE". You can't make that stuff up.
ttf_bubbachet

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_bubbachet »

Quote from: Russ White on Jul 19, 2016, 04:30AMIf day one was any indication, it won't help him much. For me, the high point of the day was Giuliani, at the end of his hyperbolic, detached from reality, frothing at the mouth speech, screaming "Are we CRAZY"?, and the crowd thundering back, "YES, WE ARE". You can't make that stuff up.

I watched it live and laughed out loud when that happened. It's a farce.
ttf_Russ White

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_Russ White »

We don't have cable, so I was listening, but it was hilarious.
ttf_gregs70

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

And now Trump's wife lifting part of Michelle Obama's 2008 speech.  Had the Republicans said "oops, one our speechwriters got lazy, our bad" that would have been OK, but to totally deny that some sections were almost carbon copies shows how out in left field they are. 
ttf_Mahlerbone

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_Mahlerbone »

I'm voting for Hillary because she fights for change.  Actually a few years ago I met her, I asked for change for a dollar and she gave me four quarters faster than I could blink.  Very impressive!
ttf_Mahlerbone

Who will you vote for?

Post by ttf_Mahlerbone »

I'm voting for Hillary because she fights for change.  Actually a few years ago I met her, I asked for change for a dollar and she gave me four quarters faster than I could blink.  Very impressive!

Return to “Polls”