8notes

Post Reply
ttf_thetuningslide
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:59 am

8notes

Post by ttf_thetuningslide » Fri May 20, 2016 11:35 pm

I've seen some bad advice given on this site. Multiple places I've seen people say that King trombones are bad. Once, someone asked about the 2B for jazz, and someone said it was bad and recommended a Bach 42A in its place...anyone have stories from this site?
ttf_bonearzt
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:00 pm

8notes

Post by ttf_bonearzt » Sat May 21, 2016 6:48 am

TOTAL BS!!!!  A 42A in place of a 2B?  I'm shaking my head in disbelief!

There's not really a "bad" horn for any situation IF you can make it work in that particular setting!

2B's bad??!?!?!  Seriously?  Then why are most lead players in big bands using 2B's?  Salsa? Yep! Commercial recording? there too.


Is this a serious inquiry or just trying to stir up a debate?



Eric



ttf_BGuttman
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:15 pm

8notes

Post by ttf_BGuttman » Sat May 21, 2016 8:33 am

Quote from: bonearzt on May 21, 2016, 06:48AM...


Is this a serious inquiry or just trying to stir up a debate?

Eric


Or maybe another teenager trying to amp his horn over anything else?
ttf_Exzaclee
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:53 am

8notes

Post by ttf_Exzaclee » Sat May 21, 2016 8:37 am

Quote from: thetuningslide on May 20, 2016, 11:35PMI've seen some bad advice given on this site. Multiple places I've seen people say that King trombones are bad. Once, someone asked about the 2B for jazz, and someone said it was bad and recommended a Bach 42A in its place...anyone have stories from this site?

this is the internet, by the way... any idiot can post here.

I've seen bad advice given everywhere.

learn how to detect ********. the world is a false place and everybody wants your money - if you don't learn how to detect ********, how to tell the wise men from the jive men, you're gonna have a tough life.  there ya go.  free life lesson.
ttf_thetuningslide
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:59 am

8notes

Post by ttf_thetuningslide » Sat May 21, 2016 11:23 am

Quote from: bonearzt on May 21, 2016, 06:48AMTOTAL BS!!!!  A 42A in place of a 2B?  I'm shaking my head in disbelief!

There's not really a "bad" horn for any situation IF you can make it work in that particular setting!

2B's bad??!?!?!  Seriously?  Then why are most lead players in big bands using 2B's?  Salsa? Yep! Commercial recording? there too.


Is this a serious inquiry or just trying to stir up a debate?



Eric



Yeah, I was as surprised as you are. I'm simply attempting to gather people's opinions on this site, or any stories that anyone has had of surprising advice (either really bad or surprisingly good).
ttf_thetuningslide
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:59 am

8notes

Post by ttf_thetuningslide » Sat May 21, 2016 11:27 am

Quote from: Exzaclee on May 21, 2016, 08:37AMthis is the internet, by the way... any idiot can post here.

I've seen bad advice given everywhere.

learn how to detect ********. the world is a false place and everybody wants your money - if you don't learn how to detect ********, how to tell the wise men from the jive men, you're gonna have a tough life.  there ya go.  free life lesson.
Yup, I'm aware. I'm pretty good at avoiding scams. I know there's bad advice everywhere, it just seems that 75+% is bad on this site.
ttf_greenbean
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:58 am

8notes

Post by ttf_greenbean » Sat May 21, 2016 11:57 am

All the 8notes forums are known to be worthless. 
ttf_greenbean
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:58 am

8notes

Post by ttf_greenbean » Sat May 21, 2016 11:57 am

All the 8notes forums are known to be worthless. 
Post Reply

Return to “Cool Web Sites”